Price Confirmed for Motorola Xoom - $799 Unsubsidized Verizon, $600 WiFi Only Model

Stormy Knight

Reaction score
I want an attachable keyboard. Then I'd shelve the laptop and browse with the tablet. Soft keyboards are ok for a bit, but for message boards and emails I want a full keyboard.
Provided that a driver was available, couldn't you attach a PC USB keyboard?

Reaction score
I want an attachable keyboard. Then I'd shelve the laptop and browse with the tablet. Soft keyboards are ok for a bit,
but for message boards and emails I want a full keyboard.

Amazon.com: Portable Bluetooth Wireless Universal Keyboard (Silver) for Motorola Xoom: Electronics

I imagine any bluetooth keyboard will prob work... but this one says it will in the desciption, meh.

Not a big fan of apple products, but typing on the ipad was very easy, and even though im use to physical keyboard (On my laptop, and droid) I could get use to a software one very easily.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I imagine any bluetooth keyboard will prob work... but this one says it will in the desciption, meh.

Not a big fan of apple products, but typing on the ipad was very easy, and even though im use to physical keyboard (On my laptop, and droid) I could get use to a software one very easily.

I like Swype, but I'm still much faster and more accurate with a physical keyboard.

Nice link. I figured this stuff had to be in the works. Only thing missing is being attachable - think of the slider on the D1 (or effectively making your tablet a laptop or netbook). You should be able to have a universal keypad with a variety of attachments to fit different devices. Mfrs should be all over that because then any device could then have a keypad, and there's clearly demand (and an increasingly smaller set of options).

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
And just as a side note, there's a lot of reasons I don't like to do extensive typing with a soft keyboard.
1) I like to view the screen to see what I'm typing instead of looking at the keyboard. Would be tough for me to get used to a soft keypad. To be fair I have the same issue with the tiny keyboard on my D1.
2) I don't really want to sacrifice screen real estate for the soft keyboard.
3) Ergonomically the soft keyboard doesn't make sense to me. I like the laptop where I can look straight ahead at the screen instead of craning my head down because a tablet would have to be flat for me to type with anything other than thumbs or hunt and peck.

knighthonor

Reaction score
wow 800 for something weaker than a Laptop. maybe iam looking at this new Tablet trend wrong...

acidbrn

Reaction score
If the xoom is $799 unsubsidized, does that mean Verizon or others may release a subsidized version for less? Although with their data plans it'd probably be cheaper to pay the $800 up front.

DroidMastar2

Reaction score
Sheesh... People, how much do you expect these tablets to sell for? I mean come on... Now $600 is too much? I didn't even hear this much complaining about price when that crappy Galaxy Tab came out. I'm not trying to be rude, but if you look at the prices of all of the android tablets out there, how can you expect a lower price?