WiFi Motorola Xoom on the FCC List

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
motorola-xoom-wifi-fcc.png

Since the price was announced for the Motorola Xoom Android tablet ($799), it had many of us hoping and waiting for a cheaper WiFi only edition. Well, we just might be in luck! The WiFi Motorola Xoom could be launching soon after the release of the Verizon 3G version. Today Wirelessgoodness.com has posted some information showing the device making an appearance on the FCC list.

The IHDT56MT1, which passed through the FCC today, was only approved for WiFi and Bluetooth only – FCC documents made no mention of 3G. That suggests that the IHDT56MT is a WiFi-only version of the XOOM, while the IHDP56LU1, which passed through the FCC on Monday, is the 3G version of the device.

Source: Wirelessgoodness.com & XoomForums.com

Thanks for the heads up, h1bR1d7hEoRy!

Mooem

Reaction score
I would be absolutely elated if a WiFi Xoom launches at the same time as the 3G. Two questions though...1) How much? 2) Which retailer would sell a WiFi-only Xoom?

OP
danDroid

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My best guess would be $100 cheaper..

StupidGenius

Reaction score
I think to compete on price with the iPad they may have to offer a 16gb as well.

That's only if the ipad 2 is the same pricing as the ipad. I would expect the ipad2 to run more then the original ipad.

I thought Apple traditionally introduces new products at the same price point and shave $50 or so off the previous model. Isn't that what they've done with the iPhone/iPod Touch in the past. I could be wrong.

mdjacobs

Reaction score
I think to compete on price with the iPad they may have to offer a 16gb as well.

That's only if the ipad 2 is the same pricing as the ipad. I would expect the ipad2 to run more then the original ipad.

I thought Apple traditionally introduces new products at the same price point and shave $50 or so off the previous model. Isn't that what they've done with the iPhone/iPod Touch in the past. I could be wrong.

No, that's what they've always done... doesn't mean they'll still do it, but Steve Jobs is one of those guys that's par for the course.