Price Confirmed for Motorola Xoom - $799 Unsubsidized Verizon, $600 WiFi Only Model

douglasman100

Reaction score
yay now i can afford it (WiFi only) cant wait. P.S. If you have a 4g phone just tether instead of paying for internet on both devices (4g because 3g is slow over tether).

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Still too much....can get a more capable laptop for the same money. Gonna have to pass on this.

Sent from somewhere...

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Still too much....can get a more capable laptop for the same money. Gonna have to pass on this.

Sent from somewhere...

If you're going to wait for a tablet with as much power as a decent laptop you'll be waiting for a long time, my friend.

A tablet is a form-factor choice right now, and will be for some time.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

Sent from somewhere...

If you're going to wait for a tablet with as much power as a decent laptop you'll be waiting for a long time, my friend.

A tablet is a form-factor choice right now, and will be for some time.

I'm not waiting for the power to be equal....looking for the price to be reasonable.
I don't have $600 to throw on something that's less functional.
If the prices for the tablets remain this high I'm gonna have to pass altogether. I like the form factor...it just doesn't trump the cost.

Do you think either version is really worth $600-800??

Sent from somewhere...

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
Yeah I think it's something I'd use regularly around the house.

My personal comfort zone is around $650 TOPS. At $700+ I walk at the whole deal. I monopolize my fiancee's "tablet that shall not be named" but it has a few shortcomings that I'd pay the extra $100 for.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
I think my max was $550 for the wifi only....I'll just have to wait.

Sent from somewhere...

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL

Sent from somewhere...

Oh! If that's the case you'll probably be rocking somebodys tablet by summer. I suspect that competition will shave that extra $50 off when more choices hit the market.

Conrey

Reaction score
the price of Motorola Wi-Fi only version is remarkable . now its a great opportunity to have this mobile set at the reasonable price . Now after using the mobile set its real quality will be judged .

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

Sent from somewhere...

Oh! If that's the case you'll probably be rocking somebodys tablet by summer. I suspect that competition will shave that extra $50 off when more choices hit the market.

Possibly....its a want not a need....so maybe something for xmas.

Sent from somewhere...

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
I want an attachable keyboard. Then I'd shelve the laptop and browse with the tablet. Soft keyboards are ok for a bit, but for message boards and emails I want a full keyboard.

MoeDaddy

Reaction score
Personally I think both prices are too high. They need to get market share. Lets not forget that all these crappy $200 android tablets, which will sell, are gonna sour the public on android for the tablet form factor due to their sub par specs and poorly implemented SW. Why not make the tablet affordable and make the money on volume and at the same time introduce consumers to how android should be experienced on a tablet.

As for those that say oh but it matches the ipad pricing... Well sure it matches a product by a company that is known to be overpriced but has a following that doesn't care what the price point is as long as it has an apple on it. Not to mention that there is one ipad model released ea year and because of that there are a huge number of 3rd party accessories made for it. This is a big plus for apple products, and while you aren't paying directly for that support it is build into the perceived value of the product thus letting consumers feel like they get value for their dollar.

Oh well hopefully the Toshiba tab, or other high end tabs, won't be so pricey...

casesteam

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Possibly....its a want not a need....so maybe something for xmas.

Sent from somewhere...

Things like this are always a want - and Christmas would be nice...if this were October instead of February. I'm afraid I don't have the patience to wait 10 months...

souljerr

Reaction score
My opinion on whether it's worthwhile, even at $600, will be based on what applications are available and optimized for the tablet. I'll wait a while to see what develops before jumping.

Agreed. I figure by summer time apps will be optimized and the price will be a lot lower.