Post your best battery life here! stock or extended

Reaction score
I don't know my max since I plug it in every night but on most days I unplug at 7:30AM and don't plug it in until 11pm and I think it's only died once. I'm running stock rom, not rooted and stock battery. I'm in a 4g area but I keep it switched to 3g only unless I'm watching videos or downloading something. Yesterday was the first time it died before I went to bed and I had 4g enabled all day. Still, it was about 7pm when it died (actually it was at about 10%) so that's almost 12 hours even with 4g enabled.

I have "Always On Mobile Data" turned off, my brightness is set at around 25%, the updating is turned off for the BLOATbuster app and other well known battery saving techniques that don't take away functionality. I recently started using Go Launcher Ex instead of Sense but it hasn't made any difference in battery life.

It's 2:26PM eastern time right now and I've been unplugged since 7:30AM and my TBolt battery is at 77%.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Almost 4 hours with bamf 1.6.3 screen off profile...4G use when needed. Still 82% left. Few calls. Some txt. Df app...etc.

Not so bad. Expecting at least 14 outta this charge

a6f9c566-24ab-4d81.jpg

Edit. Later in day. Haven't used much this afternoon but...still not horrible

ridin the lightning

Last edited:

jimmydene84

Reaction score
Fresh out of the box last night. Unrooted, stock battery, moderate use so far and at 68%. 3g only. Overall first impressions r pretty good, can't wait to root this beast!

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

guitarboy1193

Reaction score
cfffb622-22c4-f6a2.jpg

This is from today, unplugged around 7:30ish. Had set CPU screen off profile active most of the day. Didn't text too much. Phone on idle mostly until 5, minus a few games played. When I got home around 5:30 had WiFi on the whole time. Words with friends, fb, YouTube, and games. Heavy nonstop use for about an hour before posting. Began using screen filter about 20 mins ago, to dim backlight. Awesome batt life today. On stock batt. But didn't really text much and no phone calls
sent from my BAMF HTC thunderbolt!

capetocairo

Reaction score
Well, I've had my tbolt for about a month now, and at this moment I'm getting around 24-26 hours life out of it, on medium usage (voice, angry birds, facebook, gmail, exchange email, texting). I've done my fair share of tweaking to get as much battery life as I currently do.

I'm not yet rooted, so I'm still considered stock (ROM, battery) but I plan on flashing Das Bamf 1.6.3 w/ Adrynalyne, as well as setting up some SetCPU profiles to see if that bumps me up to maybe 42 hours.

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
I lasted 8 hours before going from 100% to 90%.

Though I had Airplane Mode ON and underclocked to 500Mhz for fun to see how long it would last.
If it stayed on that pattern, I could have lasted 80 hours before needing to charge.
But I couldn't go 80 hours without my phone to test it, lol.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
14hrs or so - Stock

capetocairo

Reaction score
So I was, as stated earlier, running about 14-16 hours on stock ROM, stock battery.

I recently just flashed das bamf 1.6.3 nte w/ adrynalyn's kernel and so far, I have been unplugged for 8 hours and I am currently at 67% battery life.

So far so good!

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I got 18 best. Lots of standby time...few calls...little Pandora and testing and df app...and xda app. Nothing heavy. Lately heavy use gets me about 8 (my heavy may be different than your heavy).

ridin the lightning

mikezq8ss

Reaction score
Right now I'm completely stock (unrooted) using the HTC 2650mah extended battery.
1d 17h 5m 27s and the stock battery level gauge is reading 26% left. I would say this was on moderate usage with GPS, WiFi, Auto-Sync all on and brightness at max with no timeout. I also used it with the screen on and not charging in my car to play music while plugged into radio's aux in port for about 2 hours during this run. I'll edit this post when I try the Seidio 3200 battery. I still gotta wait for this one to die though first. So far, being completely stock and having everything on I find this really acceptable.
*EDIT* I made it to 1d 20h and change (still had 9% left), then put the SEIDIO battery in. I've only cycled the battery twice now, so we'll see how long this one lasts...

Last edited:

geoff5093

Reaction score
Stock battery:

CAP201105291336.jpg

ummm how? i can see you're running a rom.. which one and which kernal

first full charge/discharge on my extended battery:
a6f800d6-1483-b381.jpg

the best i could get on stock battery was 18 hours and that was bump charging it before i used it
I used it very little, few texts, some web surfing, and a few brief calls. I kept it in airplane mode when sleeping and data off when I wasn't using it for long periods of time.

This was the longest I could go, I could have gone a few hours longer but I needed my phone to be used a lot today:

CAP201105300050.jpg