Post your best battery life here! stock or extended

geoff5093

Reaction score
yup, airplane mode and data off...that would definitely do it.

what rom/kernal u running?
I have no reason to have the cell network on when i'm sleeping, so that's why I disable it. And I usually go several hours at a time between looking at my phone, so disabling data works well. I know it doesn't work for all, but it works for me.

I'm running BAMF 1.7 Remix with stock kernel @ ~1GHz

y0manda

Reaction score
29 hours thunderbolt not rooted after ota update, mild use. Getting about the same but recharge at night. Stock battery.
Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

capetocairo

Reaction score

I have no reason to have the cell network on when i'm sleeping, so that's why I disable it. And I usually go several hours at a time between looking at my phone, so disabling data works well. I know it doesn't work for all, but it works for me.

Mind posting your home screen(s) to satisfy my curiosity?

geoff5093

Reaction score

Mind posting your home screen(s) to satisfy my curiosity?

CAP2011053122481.jpg

capetocairo

Reaction score
Well I was going to post a screencap of my best, but since I let it run so low to see how much I could push it, RIGHT as I opened up drocap it shut off on me! :cus:

For what it's worth, I got approximately 3d 1hr before it died. Light to medium usage (texting, FB, email, voice).

*shrug*

Last edited:

jka

Reaction score
I get about 20-24 on extended bat moderate use about good solid 20 on really heavy use I have unlimited voice in a month I will do an average of 2000 min or little more I also have data turned on with WiFi med light and run text bomber 5-10 times a day for those who posted me off at work. I am not rooted. I also run 3 email accounts off the phone and get emails all dam day long.

Reaction score
I've pushed it to 20 hours before with 41% left. I pulled mine off the charger today at about 10:30am and currently (2:17am) I have 49% left So theoretically I could get about 30-35hrs. Auto-brightness off, all apps update every 2-3 hrs and I stay on wi-fi all day. Average use. I run stock ROM w/ Adrynalyne's kernel.

Last edited:

CC268

Reaction score
I get about 12-15 hours, which is terrible, I need to root and get rid of this bloatware, I was able to get two days easy with my fascinate :(

Sharon_Ag

Reaction score
This past weekend I got over 25 hours and still had about 20% battery remaining. I am not rooted and am currently running on my stock battery. I've been reading the forum for about 4 weeks because I was hating my battery and having to stay plugged in all the time. After reading and reading I finally caved in a did a few more of the things that have been suggested. I downloaded the LTE ONOFF by Cunning Logic and set my phone to run in 3G (not my preference but hey I prefer my phone to work longer verses the speed of 4G), and I did the battery bump. Now I admit I was thinking I was crazy for trying it and that it sounded nuts but OMG!!! I have not had to plug my phone in at all during the day for several days now..... I make phone calls, facebook, internet, text messages, e-mail and play a game every now and then.... I unplugged yesterday at 6:30 and still had 45% battery last night at 9:30...... I'm finally loving my Thunderbolt!!!!!

Pmoser

Reaction score
Just curious are most just running custom roms and kernals? What are some and what are some other ways to increase battery life

Sent from my rooted Droid Increidble

tkdghk0831

Reaction score
Something wierd happened on my TB battery life today..

i left my phone not plugged into a charger through the night which made it to power off. I charged it until i head off to somewhere and i had only 20%.

I couldnt charge it for about 3 hrs and the battery stayed on 20% straight.. no power saver stuff or whatnot.. never happened to have so long battery before..

Anyone have any idea how did this happen??

alboboy10

Reaction score
App maybe? I had an app that killed my battery worse than that. It killed my extended battery over night.

megaviewer was the app for movies.