1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

extended battery life

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by tartmotor97, Oct 8, 2011.

1. tartmotor97

tartmotor97 New Member

I here people on here talking about extended battery life? what is that i only get like 3 hours of use on a full charge..i use the advanced task killer but I'm still only getting 3 hours of life, is there something i can do to make it better? should i go to verizon and get it looked at?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  2. bonescar

bonescar New Member

Do hou have the extended battery? For the $50 it costs, may be your best option.

3. tartmotor97

tartmotor97 New Member

does anybody know of an app that can completely stop all applications running? advanced task killer is terrible

4. krazienluv10

krazienluv10 New Member

Check your settings and how often apps update.... weather widgets does not need to update every hour for example.... others u can push to refresh....i get about 15 hours with mod use on standard bat with mod use of internet/email/gmail/websites/calling. Of course, if i start using youtube n vids that will greatly decrease...turn off wifi/bluetooth as well unless your using them at that time... its only a click to turn them back on

thats from 99% to about 5-10%
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2011
  5. jeremym

jeremym New Member

You can get the battery right now for 24.99 if you add it to your cart on verizon wireless's site without logging in. Or you can go into the store like I did today and get it for 24.99 instead of 49.99 if you tell them about what the site reads.
  6. sweeeeet

sweeeeet Well-Known Member

Why are u using advanced task killer... the bionic has a built in task manager

7. LBrooks

LBrooks New Member

I've heard several people say they switched out their batteries themselves at VZW and that solved their problem.

Personally? I get what I consider to be pretty good battery life out of both the stock slim (a full day) and the extended battery (2 days - 3 days if I'm using it only moderately) - I leave all services turned on (after all - why have a smart phone if you have to dumb it down, right? ;o) ) ... anyway - one thing I noticed on *my* phone ~ is once I opened up the camera or the camera gallery ~ it was all downhill from there - don't know why, but that thing would never end - And I use my camera on my phone a lot - and I mean A LOT - but once I opened it up - man, the battery would run downhill faster than a spotted ass ape :eek:( ... SO - I just make sure to kill it when I'm done - no more problems ... I'm hoping there's a hotfix for it on the way because you can kill teh cam. in the stock task mgr - but not the gall.
Search tags for this page

advanced bionics battery last 4 hours

droid bionic extended life battery

how to disable push to talk on casio commando

should i use extended life battery in motorola bionic phone