Post Questions Here...

f3ryan

Reaction score
Do tell of this method, please.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

f3ryan

Reaction score
I remember reading a lot of boot loops occuring because of people attempting the V6 Supercharger leading to a sbf, root, and so forth. If I am wrong about this, I will try it. If not, I will not.

What say you, Mike?

Also, do you use a screen cover for your X2? If so, what kind? Those clear plastic films?

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
1. The Only Bootloop I Know Of Is The Kernel Scripts.
2. The V6 And 3G Are The Safest Scripts I Know Of.
3. I Use To Have A ZAGG But It Was Rubbery Feeling And A Tint From Age Getting Dirty. It Is The Best Screen Protector That I Know Of, Lifetime Guarantee. The X2 Uses Gorilla Glass Which Is Amazing Because If Your Screen Gets Damaged The Phone Is Gonna Be In Rough Shape. That's The Theory And I Believe It By Just Feeling The Screen. All Up To You Tho Just Speaking My Experience.

f3ryan

Reaction score
Perfect. Thanks mike. Im going to do the v6 tomorrow night.

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
No Problem Play Around With The Presets And Find What Works For You. Also Do Option 12 So You Don't Get Anymore Redraws.

So You Get An Idea Of What I Mean, I Use Option 8 For Multitasking.(Alot Of Apps Running)
Then When Idle Or Just The Browser And Market I Use Option 9.(System Keeps Most App Killed Hoping For Better Battery Life)

f3ryan

Reaction score
Error

File cannot be displayed or played.

This shows up when I try to view a video I was able to watch just a few days ago. Also, the same has been happening to a few pictures where everything looks scrambled in red blue green yellow etc.

duke1agn

Reaction score
Un-rooting question

I rooted my phone using the one-click root, and so far so good. I downloaded the SBF and RSD files before rooting.

However in the event that I choose to un-root my phone in the future I pose this: is there a way unroot and still leave all the apps/settings etc. on there? If I understand correctly, using the SBF and RSD will bring the phone back to its out-of-the-box state (meaning all of my downloads would be lost).

Is there a way to unroot the phone, but still have all the downloaded apps etc, and settings still there? Is this where the APK/bootstrap things come into play? I'm not entirely clear on what those are.

Thanks for your help.

f3ryan

Reaction score
I can't think of anything detrimental that i've done. All I do is use the task manager to close any programs I may not be using.

The video I am unable to view was recorded w the x2. I was able to view it once and after that I get the aforementioned error.

Could it be that I closing the video player app via task manager could've damaged the video file?

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
✔ Correct SBF Does Bring The Phone Back To A 'Out-Of-The-Box' State.

The Newest 1-Click Root Has An Option To Unroot. Same Place To Download. All The Apps Will Remain They Will No Longer Function Tho.

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
I can't think of anything detrimental that i've done. All I do is use the task manager to close any programs I may not be using.

The video I am unable to view was recorded w the x2. I was able to view it once and after that I get the aforementioned error.

Could it be that I closing the video player app via task manager could've damaged the video file?

Ehh No I Don't See A Task Manager Corrupting A File. Transfer It Over To Your PC Tonight When You Get Home. If It Plays On Your PC Delete The One On The Phone Then Copy Back The One From The PC. Does That Make Sense? Get It Working(Hopefully) Then Bring It Back.

duke1agn

Reaction score
✔ Correct SBF Does Bring The Phone Back To A 'Out-Of-The-Box' State.

The Newest 1-Click Root Has An Option To Unroot. Same Place To Download. All The Apps Will Remain They Will No Longer Function Tho.

I saw that, but wasn't sure how that differed from installing an APK/running a bootstrap recovery. I was under the impression that there was a way to backup the phone exactly as it currently is, then unroot it, and still have access to working apps and downloads.

duke1agn

Reaction score
I rooted my phone using 1-click a few days ago. Decided it wasn't for me, and unrooted today using the GB SBF file and RSD Lite 5.3.1.

However, after running RSD and the SBF file, there are a few things that I have questions about. My phone is no longer rooted, because I have root checker on the phone and it pointed out clearly to me that I am not. That's a good thing.

However, the wallpaper on the phone is the same, all of my apps are still there, the apps that I had frozen are now back in place. That is also good.

The bad is that I have no service. There are 3 bars showing up, and then a triangle to the left of the bars (the triangle is in the upper right part of the screen. When I try to connect to browser or any app that requires 3G/internet access I can't.

So, in sum, I have two questions.

1. Did the SBF/RSD run correctly? Is everything, including apps and wallpaper, supposed to appear the same as it did before unrooting?

2. Whats the deal with the triangle and no service? Do I just need to reactivate the phone?

You've been a huge help this week, so thank you very much for your efforts. This is a great thread/forum.

Last edited: