Thread For Emergency Problems/Questions

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
This Thread Is For You To Place Any And All Urgent/Emergency Help Needed.

Please State The Problem Clearly So You Can Get The Help You Need Fast And Efficiently.

Thank You For Following This Simple Request.

If You Wish You May Donate To Me.

ashclepdia

Reaction score
Does anyone have the files I need to be able to get the original camera that came with the x2? I have been looking but cannot find it anywhere all I can find is some type of blur camera but it is not the same one I had when I got this phone. Please someone help. I really liked the way that camera was set up for use. Thanks in advance.

ashclepdia

Reaction score
@ashclepdia: You can get all the original APK files from the X2 System Dump...

They're located in /system/app.

So im guessing all I need to do is delete the old camera then move the apk and odex into system app and change permission? Thanks for the phone link. No wonder I couldn't find it on this site. I thought I saw that before.

vvildcard

Reaction score
Yeah, that should do the trick... you may also just be able to run the APK to install it as a stand-alone.

ashclepdia

Reaction score
Thia is still not the same camera I had when I got this phone. Its the same as the rest. I don't think I had a blur camera. What else could it have been? Any other camera apks out there? Thia is driving me crazy. I can't be the only one who had a different camera.

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Here is EXACTLY what it looked like. Now if I could just find the files I need for it.

It is the first frame in the first yoitube video on this page Motorola Droid X2 camera features, sample photos and video

Any help will be greatly appreciated as I loves that camera setup and really want it back. Please help me ;(

The Camera Has Never Changed Looks Wise. Only Color, Setup Is Still The Same. Sure You're Looking At An X2?

ashclepdia

Reaction score
The Camera Has Never Changed Looks Wise. Only Color, Setup Is Still The Same. Sure You're Looking At An X2?

Yes I am positive. The frame showing on the first youtube video on that link I posted is exactly what my phone s camera looked like before. Ans now I can't get that back foe some reason I keep getting a different camera. Is it because im on a rom I can't get the old one back?

ashclepdia

Reaction score
HHUZZZAAAHHH
I FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT. Thanks for the help guys. I am just an idiot. I had downloaded the one with the search press capture and had forgot all about it. It took priority in my app drawer over the one I wanted. I did a long press on homescreen and low and behold there were two camera apparently I could choose. Needless to say I uninstalled the other one and now have the camera I wanted. Sorry for all the posts I know you all were probably thinking what the hell is he doing? I just couldn't figure out what step I was missing but all I had to do was drop the other damn camera and bring the old one back. Seems so simple now im an idiot. Thanks again. :icon_ banana:I am happy now

Reaction score
Yes I am positive. The frame showing on the first youtube video on that link I posted is exactly what my phone s camera looked like before. Ans now I can't get that back foe some reason I keep getting a different camera. Is it because im on a rom I can't get the old one back?

What ROM are you on?

ashclepdia

Reaction score
I am on eclipse rom. But I figured it out.

Now my only question is, is the odex necessary? I ambushing gb version of the apk that I had saved to my sd before. Would the odex from the sump file be just fine or do I need a different one?

Re_X2

Reaction score
Trying to sbf back to 2.2.2 by following intructions and rsd lite stops with the status of "please manually power up this phone". Not sure how to do this without unplugging phone because when shuttting off while still plugged into the USB phone turns back on automatically

OP
MikeJ92YJ

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Trying to sbf back to 2.2.2 by following intructions and rsd lite stops with the status of "please manually power up this phone". Not sure how to do this without unplugging phone because when shuttting off while still plugged into the USB phone turns back on automatically

Look At My SBF Thread And Read Direction Number 5.