Possibly Some Specs Of The Bionic

anuraj1

Reaction score
Some of the people that complain about never even looked at the Pentile display or checked it out for themselves. They are just following what some of the others are saying...

If you want to discuss the pentile display go here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/off-topic-forum/159286-pestilent-pentile-display-discussion.html

Is your buddy coming through with those pics today?? I've been waiting anxiously! dancedroid
If you are talking about the Billboard then no. He got another look at it It was for the Droid Charge..

Hmm, maybe I just accidentally thought it was you. Someone on one of the many Bionic threads said that their friend had a test model in hand and was going to get pictures by yesterday.

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Is your buddy coming through with those pics today?? I've been waiting anxiously! dancedroid
If you are talking about the Billboard then no. He got another look at it It was for the Droid Charge..

Hmm, maybe I just accidentally thought it was you. Someone on one of the many Bionic threads said that their friend had a test model in hand and was going to get pictures by yesterday.

There was a guy that has a I was talking about that friend had a phone that he was testing. It looked like the Bionic but it was another phone he was testing called The Dinara. and it is going to AT&T.

tcayton49

Reaction score
Cool. Could you tell/you ask if the screen was pentile or not, and get/confirm any more of the specs information?

Yeah, is it pentile? It doesn't matter if its a great screen or a gorgeous display, only matters if its pentile

/sarcasm

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Uh I've been trying to follow the posts on this phone since the beginning, and one thing that has been discussed with some passion has been the issue of the quality of the screen. One thing the reviewers of the Droid 3 point out it the Pentile screens flaws. It's something I DO NOT want, having come from a Thunderbolt I returned for what was a clearly inferior screen to the Droid X, which I still have and like. Don't know or remember if the Thunderbolts screen was pentile or not, but its not something I want having to spend however much the Bionic will be. Call it whatever you want, Pentile or not, whatg mattes is it has a High Quality screen without the blurring of images, heavy pixelation and dots that people have compared I'm sure with hyperbole, to the Atari 2600. 1080p video on a crappy screen just seems like an insult. What's your deal?

Cool. Could you tell/you ask if the screen was pentile or not, and get/confirm any more of the specs information?

Ahhh the dubious pentile post... I thought we were low on troll fuel...

Uh the post RIGHT BY my post also mentions pentile.. what's the problem? How is it a trolling question. It's a fair and valid question, and goes with the thread topic of specs..

You say you're concerned about it being a high quality screen, but that's not what you asked. you asked if its pentile. That's my whole point, if you want to know the quality, ask about the quality, not the pentileness(I just made that word up :) )

dominick_7

Reaction score
Yeah, is it pentile? It doesn't matter if its a great screen or a gorgeous display, only matters if its pentile

/sarcasm

Uh I've been trying to follow the posts on this phone since the beginning, and one thing that has been discussed with some passion has been the issue of the quality of the screen. One thing the reviewers of the Droid 3 point out it the Pentile screens flaws. It's something I DO NOT want, having come from a Thunderbolt I returned for what was a clearly inferior screen to the Droid X, which I still have and like. Don't know or remember if the Thunderbolts screen was pentile or not, but its not something I want having to spend however much the Bionic will be. Call it whatever you want, Pentile or not, whatg mattes is it has a High Quality screen without the blurring of images, heavy pixelation and dots that people have compared I'm sure with hyperbole, to the Atari 2600. 1080p video on a crappy screen just seems like an insult. What's your deal?

Ahhh the dubious pentile post... I thought we were low on troll fuel...

Uh the post RIGHT BY my post also mentions pentile.. what's the problem? How is it a trolling question. It's a fair and valid question, and goes with the thread topic of specs..

You say you're concerned about it being a high quality screen, but that's not what you asked. you asked if its pentile. That's my whole point, if you want to know the quality, ask about the quality, not the pentileness(I just made that word up :) )

It's just that all I've heard about Pentile is either people don't like it, it's becoming more common and the best I've seen is "It doesn't bother me" or other type of eh, screen quality isn't the most important to me kind of statements. I can see your point I guess with it being a hot button term, but I'm obviously not the only one expressing concerns about it. But fair enough, I think I get your point. If it's a "good" pentile, which I've never heard of really, then cool. I just want a good to impressive screen quality to the phone.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think as I use my phone for more and more videos/games/website reading, the screen is probably the most important to me now. Hopefully the negativity towards the pentile screen is unwarranted, but I have seen some poor pentile screens, so we shall see. You would have to hope that Moto, with all of their revisions would look at replacing screen if they found enough reason to do so.

I believe as we continue progressing with phone performance, at some point we'll max out with download speed/cpu speed and it will be the quality of the screen that separates the good from the bad.

bigdad63

Reaction score
+1 for let's just give the screen a chance before we judge it. I think if it wasn't for one dumb little slightly jagged battery widget, most would not even consider pentile to be a point of contention.

Xerrus

Reaction score
+1 for let's just give the screen a chance before we judge it. I think if it wasn't for one dumb little slightly jagged battery widget, most would not even consider pentile to be a point of contention.

Agreed! My fiancée has a Droid x2 and honestly, I like her screen better than my Charge. When I dim the screen on my Charge all the colors look...soiled. when I dim her screen the colors look as they should but simply dimmer. Sure when my screen brightness is up it's nicer than hers, but my display BURNS through my battery in no time flat. Thus if given the choice on the bionic, I'll take the qHD screen

sent from my Droid Charge

dominick_7

Reaction score
I think as I use my phone for more and more videos/games/website reading, the screen is probably the most important to me now. Hopefully the negativity towards the pentile screen is unwarranted, but I have seen some poor pentile screens, so we shall see. You would have to hope that Moto, with all of their revisions would look at replacing screen if they found enough reason to do so.

I believe as we continue progressing with phone performance, at some point we'll max out with download speed/cpu speed and it will be the quality of the screen that separates the good from the bad.

Couldn't agree more. I'm picky about that, but you said it well, the screen is what you're stuck focusing on.. and its just irritating to deal with anything less than a top quality, perhaps qHD screen than what I see on videos and peoples angered complaints hurled at the pentile screens in todays smartphones.

I agree. We don't know what screen it will have, so we can't judge it. On the other hand it's more than slightly jagged battery widget. That I think minimizes the issue people have with it, which I know I would given what I've seen.

A2Aegis

Reaction score

MS3G35

Reaction score
With it’s enormous 4.3″ screen, dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, and 4G LTE support

Kellex on DroidLife dropped these specs for the Bionic.
DROID Bionic Will Have Netflix Support at Launch - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

It may not sound like new information, but it's nice to hear someone say it like they know this for a fact. Now we just need to find out if that 1GB of RAM will be fully accessible when not using WebOS.
The Galaxy SII isn't on that list. But the Bionic is. So I'm gonna take a stab that the release is imminent. dancedroid

Bmaximum

Reaction score
Ok...having read that thereis a possibility of a 13 megapixel cam is leaving me thinkin...WTF Motorola!!! You have us all waitin for that!?! ok, granted, the human eye can only register as high as 3 megs, 13 is only good if you wanna take a pic of a peanut and blow it up to a poster the size of a sky scraper whilst maintaining it's photo-realistic beauty but I'm not doin professional photography with my PHONE...You wanna flip my skirt motorola? Stop d*&k teasin and give us the 5" screen you hinted at so long ago!!! Run it off 2Gb of ram on a dual core processor that clocks between 1.5 and 3Ghz outta the box and bridge the gap between smartphones and tabs by runnin this one off honeycomb...then you'll have me AND THE OTHER 50 GEEKS NEXT TO ME havin a complete and utter nerdgasm!!!

Now, obviously, it's runnin d/c but my point is, I completely understand the need to have top of the line hardware but don't waste our time waiting on a phone when the best bone that can be thrown us a better rear camera. If the rear is that powerful and the ffc is still only 1.3, that'd also be a joke.

Mind you, I'm not a neigh-sayer (sp?), I've been waitin PATIENTLY for the bionic since its inception, I guess I'm a lil emotional bc of the lack of info and the constant pushbacks...almost gettin screwed over on the new data plan dosen't help either...

Last edited:
Reaction score
With it’s enormous 4.3″ screen, dual-core processor, 1GB of RAM, and 4G LTE support
Kellex on DroidLife dropped these specs for the Bionic.
DROID Bionic Will Have Netflix Support at Launch - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

It may not sound like new information, but it's nice to hear someone say it like they know this for a fact. Now we just need to find out if that 1GB of RAM will be fully accessible when not using WebOS.
The Galaxy SII isn't on that list. But the Bionic is. So I'm gonna take a stab that the release is imminent. dancedroid
Dont put all your eggs in that basket...kellex from droid life updated that post early afternoon saying that the bionic was removed from that list shortly after him posting it.