Looks like we have confirmed specs

jasonrobb

Reaction score
I know people have commented on the build quality of Samsung devices. And for a long time now I have considered waiting on the gs2. But I just took a new job as a supervisor at costco and we have to handle every phone that is returned. The comparison goes like this, for every 10 Samsung's returned, there are 5 HTC devices returned and 1 Motorola devices returned. Now if that is because they break, or they are not user friendly, or whatever the case may be. They're getting returned ten times more. Thought some would be interested in this point of view.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Sweettooth

Reaction score
No matter how new or how great a phone may seem, assume it will be steamrolled within a few months. Also keep in mind that regardless of specs, the likelihood of any phone getting the kind of support and attention the OG Droid got isn't too high. The market is just too diluted with devices and tablets for a large enough following to focus their attention on it whereas when the Droid and Nexus came out, they were true flagship devices. That being said, why wait two or three months for a phone that's going to be surpassed two or three months later? You'll just end up holding onto the same old device and giving into a vicious cycle. The Bionic looks like an awesome upgrade from my Droid 1, even better to non-rooters who haven't OC'd their Droid 1. With these specs and the September release date seeming more and more official, combined with my contract nearing its end, I personally don't think there'd be any reason to hesitate in getting this phone. Being on the bleeding edge of technology is fun while it lasts, but it never lasts long enough and the costs of such an endeavor will ALWAYS outweigh the reward.

mach330

Reaction score
the biggest thing for me is lte and the thickness of phone. i'm always the type to get the latest and greatest. new droid phones are coming out every 3 mos or so, but since my next upgrade will last me another year. i would like my lte phone to be not so thick. i hope it doesn't take til 2012 til they can make a thinner lte phone.

dAi

Reaction score
Will it come with android ice cream sandwich?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Tillmorn

Reaction score
Will it come with android ice cream sandwich?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

It has been speculated that since Google is in the process of buying Moto, that ICS and future updates will be pushed to devices such as the Bionic on an quicker and more regular basis. Here's hoping.

OP
Arkbird

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
It has been speculated that since Google is in the process of buying Moto, that ICS and future updates will be pushed to devices such as the Bionic on an quicker and more regular basis. Here's hoping.

Especially since ICS is rumored to be coming in October. I don't want to wait until next October to have my phone finally updated to it.

tcayton49

Reaction score

Those speculations are completely unfounded and are in fact in opposition to what google has stated that moto mobility will operate as a separate entity. We shouldn't expect the Bionic to see any benefits from google's acquisition of moto and anyone who is expecting those benefits is setting themselves up for disappointment.

dihtn

Reaction score
I purchased the OG Droid and have been very happy with it up until recently. I am having numerous notifications with exceeding storage space-have loaded everything I can to the SD card. This phone sounds great. Was considering the iphone 5 but since it is apparent it will not be 4LTE compatible, I will continue with Android. Question concerning the wireless hub feature, when a call comes in will the internet be interrupted?

Reaction score
You need a wifi capable printer. Once the printer is connected to your network, the phone should be able to find it and print wireless.

This seems like the least attractive way to sell me a feature on this phone. They're going to add that as a bloat app even though my wireless printer already comes with an hp app that's custom tailored to my printers manufacturer? Don't they all have native apps now for wireless printing?

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums

OP
Arkbird

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
This seems like the least attractive way to sell me a feature on this phone. They're going to add that as a bloat app even though my wireless printer already comes with an hp app that's custom tailored to my printers manufacturer? Don't they all have native apps now for wireless printing?

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums

I'm confused. Who said it had to be an app? I think this is just one of those things were you can print off your home printer just by adding it to your phone when they are on the same network. No app needed.

Reaction score
the only way you can pull that off without an app or widget would be a software tweak correct? I might be looking at it the wrong way, but I cant fathom without either a change to the o/s or the inclusion of an app/widget that would allow you to print a particular file wirelessly. Anyone else shed some light to this, perhaps a d3 owner.