Possibly Some Specs Of The Bionic

tcayton49

Reaction score
I got to see the phone a week ago. The person who had it was the director of marketing and was my dads paitient. It had the same camera as the d3. The front was 4.3 inches and was like the d3 with the buttons and bevel. The phone also had an inductive chargeing back plate which made it pretty heavy.

Believe me or not that is the truth. I DONT CARE THAT YOU THINK I AM LYING.

Also all the images on the home page like the best buy add are correct.

Cool. Could you tell/you ask if the screen was pentile or not, and get/confirm any more of the specs information?

Yeah, is it pentile? It doesn't matter if its a great screen or a gorgeous display, only matters if its pentile

/sarcasm

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

darkmatter

Reaction score
Have you people seen battery stats of the D3? The screen is at 10% or less after a full day of use (12+ hours). Id post my pic, but I'm on my phone, but you can check my gallery.

Being 4g, I think pentile will be beyond necessary for the bionic. Seriously, seeing display at the bottom of the battery usage stats is really nice.

People complain that moto is losing gound with pentile, but I think that moto has remembered that these are phones, meant to last a day before having to be plugged in, and often used outside, in the sunlight.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I got to see the phone a week ago. The person who had it was the director of marketing and was my dads paitient. It had the same camera as the d3. The front was 4.3 inches and was like the d3 with the buttons and bevel. The phone also had an inductive chargeing back plate which made it pretty heavy.

Cool. Could you tell/you ask if the screen was pentile or not, and get/confirm any more of the specs information?

Ahhh the dubious pentile post... I thought we were low on troll fuel...

dominick_7

Reaction score

Yeah, is it pentile? It doesn't matter if its a great screen or a gorgeous display, only matters if its pentile

/sarcasm

Uh I've been trying to follow the posts on this phone since the beginning, and one thing that has been discussed with some passion has been the issue of the quality of the screen. One thing the reviewers of the Droid 3 point out it the Pentile screens flaws. It's something I DO NOT want, having come from a Thunderbolt I returned for what was a clearly inferior screen to the Droid X, which I still have and like. Don't know or remember if the Thunderbolts screen was pentile or not, but its not something I want having to spend however much the Bionic will be. Call it whatever you want, Pentile or not, whatg mattes is it has a High Quality screen without the blurring of images, heavy pixelation and dots that people have compared I'm sure with hyperbole, to the Atari 2600. 1080p video on a crappy screen just seems like an insult. What's your deal?

Uh the post RIGHT BY my post also mentions pentile.. what's the problem? How is it a trolling question. It's a fair and valid question, and goes with the thread topic of specs..

Last edited:

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Have you people seen battery stats of the D3? The screen is at 10% or less after a full day of use (12+ hours). Id post my pic, but I'm on my phone, but you can check my gallery.

Being 4g, I think pentile will be beyond necessary for the bionic. Seriously, seeing display at the bottom of the battery usage stats is really nice.

People complain that moto is losing gound with pentile, but I think that moto has remembered that these are phones, meant to last a day before having to be plugged in, and often used outside, in the sunlight.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

I hope not....seeing as there arent wide sweeping returns because of it. Its a personal preference thing. Ppl that complain about it need to realize this. Just like last year with the Amoled screens that used Pentile.

Its amazing seeing that Pentile was in use all of last year. The LCD vs. Amoled debates finally die down....now Moto helps bring part of it back up...lol

If someone doesnt want the phone because of it, fine. Folks just need to remember everybody's not the same. Some wont want it, some wont mind or wont notice it enough to where its a problem.

As far as a Pentile screen...for me battery life and reception are the main deal breakers. A Pentile screen isnt. 4G might be a deal breaker at this point in time for me.

Last edited:
Reaction score

/sarcasm

Uh I've been trying to follow the posts on this phone since the beginning, and one thing that has been discussed with some passion has been the issue of the quality of the screen. One thing the reviewers of the Droid 3 point out it the Pentile screens flaws. It's something I DO NOT want, having come from a Thunderbolt I returned for what was a clearly inferior screen to the Droid X, which I still have and like. Don't know or remember if the Thunderbolts screen was pentile or not, but its not something I want having to spend however much the Bionic will be. Call it whatever you want, Pentile or not, whatg mattes is it has a High Quality screen without the blurring of images, heavy pixelation and dots that people have compared I'm sure with hyperbole, to the Atari 2600. 1080p video on a crappy screen just seems like an insult. What's your deal?

Uh the post RIGHT BY my post also mentions pentile.. what's the problem? How is it a trolling question. It's a fair and valid question, and goes with the thread topic of specs..

If youve read ANY of these threads.. the second anyone makes the "it better not be pentile im not getting it then" post, **** goes downhill..a thread war ensues and everything goes off topic... we get it.. you guys wont buy it if it has a pentile.. whats done is done and whatever the bionic has it shall be. Lets just assume that the bionic will def have a pentile screen, its ****ty pixeled and will not meet your needs. Now please go to the sg2 waiting room with the rest of the S amoled + hipsters

OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState

whiddles

Reaction score
thanks, i want to hear more news about the phone now please

anuraj1

Reaction score

dominick_7

Reaction score

/sarcasm

If youve read ANY of these threads.. the second anyone makes the "it better not be pentile im not getting it then" post, **** goes downhill..a thread war ensues and everything goes off topic... we get it.. you guys wont buy it if it has a pentile.. whats done is done and whatever the bionic has it shall be. Lets just assume that the bionic will def have a pentile screen, its ****ty pixeled and will not meet your needs. Now please go to the sg2 waiting room with the rest of the S amoled + hipsters

I didn't notice it going downhill per se any more or less than other threads. I'm not saying I won't buy it if it doesn't have a pentile, if it does AND I don't like it I'll likely sell it. I just hope it has a good to impressive screen.. where I dont feel its a downgrade from the Droid X, as I thought was the case with the Thunderbolt. I'm not really that interested in the SG2. Not a fan of the UI, don't like how iPhonish looking their phones can be, very much don't like LED or OMLED screens, and the build quality usually isn't that great. I need a good phone radio, and would like a good build.. I think Motorola is the best in that regard, specifically with regard to the phone radio The radio was one of the many other complaints I had with the HTC Thunderbolt, in comparison to the Droid X. I really want the bionic to be good and something that I can use till my next upgrade date. Maybe you've spent too much time in the forums because you sound kinda jaded dood. Chill out man.. cheese and crackers. Lol..

Last edited:
OP
Preach2k

Preach2k

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hometown Brooklyn, NY Now Fuquay Varina, NC
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel XL/Galaxy Note 8
Twitter
DroidNCState
Some of the people that complain about never even looked at the Pentile display or checked it out for themselves. They are just following what some of the others are saying...

If you want to discuss the pentile display go here:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/off-topic-forum/159286-pestilent-pentile-display-discussion.html

Is your buddy coming through with those pics today?? I've been waiting anxiously! dancedroid
If you are talking about the Billboard then no. He got another look at it It was for the Droid Charge..

Vanilla Ice

Reaction score

Yeah, i agree with you. Now lets not get this topic locked! I seen the droid 3 screen and its amazing. It sure in hell beats my droid x. Even the Droid X2 screen is better then my dx......

Come on Verizon, Release it already :heart: