Looks like it'll be the Bionic for me after all...

OP
D

dlo-htown

Reaction score
I sold two phones on ebay for a very good price and got great feedback from both buyers.

I looked at a slew of DX's on ebay... pretty much all auctions almost ready to close were already near $200... you gotta be kiddin' me!!

I mean, it's great if you're a seller and you found a bunch of suckers to plunk that kinda coin down for a used DX... but haha, I'll pass.

:icon_eek:

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
I looked at a slew of DX's on ebay... pretty much all auctions almost ready to close were already near $200... you gotta be kiddin' me!!

I mean, it's great if you're a seller and you found a bunch of suckers to plunk that kinda coin down for a used DX... but haha, I'll pass.

I've seen D2's go for less than $100 on eBay. You just have to look around. You could get a decent phone for cheap if you tried.

OP
D

dlo-htown

Reaction score
I've seen D2's go for less than $100 on eBay. You just have to look around. You could get a decent phone for cheap if you tried.

See, I don't even want to spend $100 on a used phone that has no warranty... just not worth it to me.

That's 1/3rd the cost of a Bionic for a phone with 1/10th the capability of the Bionic... that's a waste IMHO.

It's only 1 1/2 weeks to wait... I'll be happier in the long run saving even $100... it's another accessory for the Bionic I can buy with that.

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm guessing you don't want a phone off Craigslist or eBay until the Bionic comes out? I mean I think it's fine to wait but personally, I would have some sort of phone just in case of an emergency.

If it is just a question of having something "in case of emergency" just buy a cheap $30 prepaid feature phone and put $10 bucks of minutes on it in case you run out of gas or, you know, have an emergency...

Edit: Plus you can claim that it's your "burn phone"

Last edited:
OP
D

dlo-htown

Reaction score
....Okay good luck with that.

Of course, had the Bionic been released in August like it was RUMORED (hehehe!) I wouldn't be in this predicament!

Damn you Motorola! Damn you Verizon! :p

alboboy10

Reaction score

I sold mine for 250 with some accessories right when the thunderbolt came out. The rest of the dx though were selling for more than 300 then with no accessories. You can sell it again for that price after if you don't want to keep it. Way I see it if you had a back up laying around you could use that for the time being!

Abbreviations

Reaction score
Apparently, the wireless gods have conspired to prevent any of the other kick-ass phones out there from making it to Verizon, and whats left of the rest just doesn't match up to the Bionic's specs... although the absence of iPhone5 specs is deafening...

But the real kicker is that my original Droid 1 finally died... it no longer even boots up. It almost made it to the (still rumored?) Sept. 8th release date of the Bionic... but these last two weeks or so is gonna SUCK without a phone... I know I could probably get something and then return it when the Droid comes out, but I just don't want to pay ANY more than I have to... as it is, I'm having some sticker shock... $300 for a phone?? I know some of y'all are so impressed with hardware technology, that you'll gladly fork over $300 as long as it sounds cool... But for someone that works in the embedded electronics industry... I'm pretty sure I understand how big of a markup is still making these phones highly profitable despite the contract renewal discount you get...

So, I'm having to bite the bullet... go cold turkey without a phone for 2 weeks only to pry $300 out of my wallet to buy the Bionic... it better wow the helloutta me. :)
Same thing happened to me a few days ago my OG Droid died and now im waiting for the bionic to be released.