Possibly Rooting my Phone?

CC268

Reaction score
I don't know a whole lot about this, I have read up on it and it seems pretty complicated. What are the downsides of this? Is it best just to follow the stickied root guide?

hecantbreathe

Reaction score
I don't know a whole lot about this, I have read up on it and it seems pretty complicated. What are the downsides of this? Is it best just to follow the stickied root guide?

Download "my back up pro" from the market.
Back your stuff up.
Read this thread and ODIN SuperClean 2.9 WIPE version

Then Read this and flash (install) this in Clockwork Mod Recovery
Reboot
Go back into Clockwork Mod Recovery and flash superclean 2.9.2 zip here super_frankenclean_2_9_2nv_CWMFIX.zip

OP
CC268

CC268

Reaction score

Back your stuff up.

Reboot
Go back into Clockwork Mod Recovery and flash superclean 2.9.2 zip here super_frankenclean_2_9_2nv_CWMFIX.zip

ok...i will try it out, bit confused already, but one question...does this video explain it well [video=youtube;my7avMurZG0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my7avMurZG0]YouTube - AccessoryGeeks: Samsung Fascinate Root Walkthrough UPDATE!!! 10/14/10[/video]

hecantbreathe

Reaction score

Back your stuff up.

Reboot

ok...i will try it out, bit confused already, but one question...does this video explain it well [video=youtube;my7avMurZG0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my7avMurZG0]YouTube - AccessoryGeeks: Samsung Fascinate Root Walkthrough UPDATE!!! 10/14/10[/video]

The easiest way to do it is to do the odin package. It roots your phone and puts android 2.2 on it.

Sent from my SC'd 2.9.2 ComaVolt'd Fascinate

Eugers

Reaction score

Back your stuff up.

Reboot

ok...i will try it out, bit confused already, but one question...does this video explain it well [video=youtube;my7avMurZG0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my7avMurZG0"]YouTube - AccessoryGeeks: Samsung Fascinate Root Walkthrough UPDATE!!! 10/14/10[/video]

Follow the directions hecantbreathe gave you. The links he gave you are a lot more simpler then the video tutorial you posted!

OP
CC268

CC268

Reaction score
Back your stuff up.

Reboot

ok...i will try it out, bit confused already, but one question...does this video explain it well [video=youtube;my7avMurZG0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=my7avMurZG0"]YouTube - AccessoryGeeks: Samsung Fascinate Root Walkthrough UPDATE!!! 10/14/10[/video]

Follow the directions hecantbreathe gave you. The links he gave you are a lot more simpler then the video tutorial you posted!

ok :/ i may have a lot of questions. I downloaded backup pro do i backthem up to my sd card or online (Media, Data, etc)?

Eugers

Reaction score
ok...i will try it out, bit confused already, but one question...does this video explain it well YouTube - AccessoryGeeks: Samsung Fascinate Root Walkthrough UPDATE!!! 10/14/10

ok :/ i may have a lot of questions. I downloaded backup pro do i backthem up to my sd card or online (Media, Data, etc)?

If it's the free version, you can only back it up to your sd card. Backup both your Apps & Media, and your Data.

OP
CC268

CC268

Reaction score

If it's the free version, you can only back it up to your sd card. Backup both your Apps & Media, and your Data.

its not the free version i bought it, still backup to SD?, there like a chat room for this stuff?

Eugers

Reaction score

its not the free version i bought it, still backup to SD?, there like a chat room for this stuff?

I'd back it up to both. Just in the case of event your sd card gets nuked, you'll always have it backed up online. You'll need it on your sd card though if you were ever to restore.

Do you have a gmail account? Download google chat if you do

OP
CC268

CC268

Reaction score

I'd back it up to both. Just in the case of event your sd card gets nuked, you'll always have it backed up online. You'll need it on your sd card though if you were ever to restore.

Do you have a gmail account? Download google chat if you do

ok and yea i do username is carlencyphers