Umm...ok, so i'm rooted. now what?

fluidj

Reaction score
Seems like there should be sticky of exactly what to do AFTER you've rooted your Samsung Fascinate phone within the Fascinate Development board. It's kinda lame that there are very detailed instructions to root the Fascinate the long way and not using 1-click root method described here: ( http://forum.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=336771#post336771 ) also. I know a lot of us use multiple forums for our information, but I really think droidforums.net is the cream of the crop :)

Last edited:

jimmydene84

Reaction score
Ppl prefer to do it the" long" way, as it the the correct way to permantly do it....depending which phone you have and what" 1 click method" you use, its not permanant

Sent from my Droid

DropC

Reaction score
I used the one click method on my X. Worked like a charm.

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums App

OP
F

fluidj

Reaction score
Ppl prefer to do it the" long" way, as it the the correct way to permantly do it....depending which phone you have and what" 1 click method" you use, its not permanant

Sent from my Droid

I've posted this in the Fascinate Forum so i'm referring to that device and using the 1-click method posted here: ( How to Root - Android Forums )
My understanding is that it is a permanent method.

mrdroid

Reaction score
The one click method on the fascinate is the same as the "long" method. However the fascinate is finicky when applying the temp root access and can cause issues during the one click. I always recommend running through the steps so you can: 1, learn 2, validate each step 3, see what exactly you are doing to your phone.

If you don't know what to do once you're rooted though why did you root at all?

The biggest reason to root the fascinate is so you can get rid of the vzw and bing software. Also applying updates/fixes.

There are root apps and roms you can install.

Sent from my Galaxy S

OP
F

fluidj

Reaction score
I honestly did it just to say I did it. I'm coming from the WinMobile world where I would put roms on my phone multiple times/week just for kicks. Figured it was about time got into roms on the Android side since i've converted. Primarily I wanted access to my ringtones folder so I could put some of my custom ringtones I used on my WinMo phone for specific contacts. I figured rooting was the best way to get access to the ringtone folder to save those files to, but so far I haven't found any instructions on how to do it....
The information on rooting the Fascinate just seem REALLY sparse right now....

mrdroid

Reaction score
You can add ringtones by creating /sdcard/Android/media/ringtones

Add files to the ringtones folder. You can create wallpaper and notifications as well. They will then be scanned into the OS correctly.

You don't need root.

Sent from my Galaxy S

OP
F

fluidj

Reaction score
You can add ringtones by creating /sdcard/Android/media/ringtones

Add files to the ringtones folder. You can create wallpaper and notifications as well. They will then be scanned into the OS correctly.

You don't need root.

Sent from my Galaxy S

THANKS!!!
now why isn't THIS imperative information in a sticky?????
Guess i'll have to figure out something to do now that i'm rooted.