Is it worth rooting a Fascinate??

AllForNaught

Reaction score
Answers for once - thanks.

But what do you mean by 'intricately placed inlays' with the custom themes? You mean there's more dimension to the ui, in terms of how you access apps?

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Answers for once - thanks.

But what do you mean by 'intricately placed inlays' with the custom themes? You mean there's more dimension to the ui, in terms of how you access apps?

No. I just mean the many fine details throughout each of the themes. From scroll bars to accents around text boxes, themed Google search bars, power control widgets, all sorts of stuff hand crafted to match.

Nas

Reaction score
I get about 4 days on my rooted fascinate. I have my phone under voltage and also I don't have all that crappy bloat. I'm running a custom rom, kernal and extend battery plus a custom theme. I fill i have unlocked the most out of my phone.

AllForNaught

Reaction score
I get about 4 days on my rooted fascinate. I have my phone under voltage and also I don't have all that crappy bloat. I'm running a custom rom, kernal and extend battery plus a custom theme. I fill i have unlocked the most out of my phone.

Well, don't hesitate to use the Fascinate's awesome screen capture feature to give us a gander at your awesome battery stats! I'll check back.

Nas

Reaction score
I have better things to do than keep updating you guys about battery. Any one who runs a 2200 battery knows you'll get a day and a half. Now with that been rooted you'll get another 2 days maybe 3. It also varies on the use of your screen brightness and downloads.

Plus I recommend shoot me

Nas

Reaction score
Matter of fact ill make sure I send you screen shots kind sir

OP
I

i3izkit12

Reaction score
Wow, a ton of information guys. Thanks so much to everyone who replied. I feel like the general consensus is to root it for the benefits and seeing as I'm fan of modding and tweaking phones for enhanced performance I think I'm gonna go ahead and do it when I get the time to sometime next week.

She's been having problems with her battery performance so I was wondering if any of you had recommendations for a COMPLETE (meaning EVERYTHING works radio, camera, mms, etc.) rom that I can flash that includes a kernel that is undervolted and allows for overclocking as well. I'm still new to this and from what I understand mixing certain kernels with roms can lead to bad outcomes. Because of my situation (We're on summer vacation and I'll only get to see her about 3 days next week before our fall semester begins in sept.) I won't have a ton of time to mess with it so I'd like a rom that includes everything and doesn't need to be tinkered with to operate properly.

Thanks so much for all the advice and keep it coming please :)

OP
I

i3izkit12

Reaction score
@ Nas
Could you post them here? I'd love to see them, it gives me hope haha

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
Try the com rom 2.0 I flashed it on tuesday and I must say WOW I really like it. You can download it with pb&j -50 uv. Thats what im running now, no tweeking if you dont wanna. Will run just fine. EC01 radio is also what im using as the radio.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Remember the golden rule though...do NOT flash anything in recovery that is non-voodoo over voodoo without disabling voodoo properly first. Also disable voodoo before using odin. PBJ and OTB kernels only come as voodoo kernels I believe. I have the best luck with the OTB 1.3 kernel. OTB 1.6 and PBJ undervolted gave me some issues, but everyones phones handle kernels differently. It terms of Roms Evil Fascination 3.6 and Com Rom 2.0 both work pretty well for me. EC01 radio should be good, my gps kind of sucks though, could just be me.

Mcbrocker

Reaction score
Same here with the OTB 1.6 phone didn't like it so well. I to like evil 3.6.0. Works very well so yes either will do wonders. Same here also with gps I really think its the phone more then anything, it even sucked when it was stock. I really dont use it anyway. So not a big deal. Good luck and enjoy it.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I actually called VZW about the GPS the other day. The CSR flat out told me I could have another phone if I wanted because the GPS was bad in the Fascinate, and that it is a known problem. I though rooting would fix it, but it really hasn't for me. Otherwise it is a good phone though, awesome once rooted.

bernardino5

Reaction score
Hey fellows trying to root my wife's fascinate she love's her phone but constantly complaints about how slow and laggy it is I have a rooted TBolt and love it I actually never had any issues even in stock just rooted bcause love to mess around with my gadget but anyway back to fascinate my wife's phone is on OTA stock 2.2 what is the method to root and can I use Z4 root or not can someone give me a link to root this device any help would b appreciated thx in advanced

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Go to the Fascinate section and look for the root method that Tapout posted. It is simple and quick..