Newbie Guide to Rooting the Fascinate

dktk75

Reaction score
My friend got the official OTA 2.2 update a couple of days ago. Would this method work?

no...this method and oneclick rooting won't work on VZW Froyo...
seems like only rooting way for now is
push in su-2.3.6.1.x.zip file using by CWM2.5 method...
but, must(by my research) wipe all data and cache in the phone...
i'm still looking for rooting without erasing data.

If u still wanna push in su-2.3.6.1.x.zip, try
http://www.fascinateforums.com/forum/fascinate-rs-guides/2012-how-root-ed01-froyo.html

jabtay

Reaction score
I can't even get passed the ADB setup

this is the second time I tried rooting my phone and when i go to the cmd.exe part and type in adb it doesn't work.

i've been wanting to root my phone but it has by far been so frustrating that it won't work. i followed the video perfectly. i don't understand the problem.

Check the path in my computer/properties. I was having the same issues, and that cleared it up.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums

iamz3r0

Reaction score
Okay, I'm not sure if this was covered somewhere in this topic, but here it goes:

I just recently bought my Samsung Fascinate, and I made an attempt to root it using this guide. After finishing successfully, the phone was working perfectly. Apps were able to gain superuser rights, and all was good.

A day later, the screen would become unresponsive and I would have to perform a battery pull in order to restart. It eventually got so bad the phone wouldn't even power on or charge.

I took it to Verizon, and got a warranty replacement (it was only 10 days ago I purchased it), and it was fairly simple. It was marked as "NO POWER" and replaced with no issues.

Now, the questions: Was this caused by the root? Would it be safe to attempt to root again (I really liked "No-Ad Android" and being able to freeze all of the bloat apps)? If something goes wrong, how hard is it to fix a "bricked" Fascinate?

I have the most recent software update, Froyo 2.2.1.

- iamz3r0

kanoftuna

Reaction score
I just got the fascinate switching from the droid 2 because BestBuy had them free since I was eligible for a new 2 year contract. It had 2.2.1 on it when I got it is there any way to root this phone so I can get back my tethering that I had on my droid2?

j_acm

Reaction score
Im trying to Root my wifes Fascinate. Tried various ways and nothing is working... Were on Froyo... any help would be appreciated.??

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Im trying to Root my wifes Fascinate. Tried various ways and nothing is working... Were on Froyo... any help would be appreciated.??

Here is the easiest method for rooting the official Froyo.

j_acm

Reaction score
Thanks. I actually found this last night and it worked. I'm just having problems making a backup. Any thoughts??

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yoshikooru

Reaction score
Yeah! Done, and it said success, but i didn't get that blue notification on my phone saying i'm a super user, is my phone rooted?

You should have an app installed called Superuser. The icon is like droid skull and crossbones. If you can launch that without error you should be good.

Also you can download Titanium Backup from the market. It will request Root Access when you run it, and it will also validate Busybox.

It also has an option to fix Busybox so even if you don't use it for backups it's still pretty useful.

You can also open the Terminal and type su.

Ok so I'm a little bit confused here. I rooted my phone and then was playing around with it after I rebooted it. I have superuser installed and it opens just fine but when I downloaded titanium backup from the market it says root access failed. What happened??

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yeah! Done, and it said success, but i didn't get that blue notification on my phone saying i'm a super user, is my phone rooted?

You should have an app installed called Superuser. The icon is like droid skull and crossbones. If you can launch that without error you should be good.

Also you can download Titanium Backup from the market. It will request Root Access when you run it, and it will also validate Busybox.

It also has an option to fix Busybox so even if you don't use it for backups it's still pretty useful.

You can also open the Terminal and type su.

Ok so I'm a little bit confused here. I rooted my phone and then was playing around with it after I rebooted it. I have superuser installed and it opens just fine but when I downloaded titanium backup from the market it says root access failed. What happened??

Try opening the Superuser app and granting root access to Titanium.

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Thanks. I actually found this last night and it worked. I'm just having problems making a backup. Any thoughts??

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Try flashing this recovery and then making the backup.

jhargan82

Reaction score
what about roms?

I'm new to rooting. I followed all the steps and my phone's Build number reads "SCH-I500.ED01"

My phones looks the same so I'm not sure if I'm rooted or what.

Do I need to load a rom?

jhargan82

Reaction score
I've tried loading roms but my phone is not loading them. When I go into recovery mode it only has an option to "install update.zip from sd" if wont let me even attempt to load one of the roms that I have saved on the sd card.

Deffy

Reaction score
The file wont let me move the .bin file within the root.zip folder.

Any help?

Recks

Reaction score
hey guys everything for me goes fine until i get kicked out of adb shell back to the c:\rootfiles cmd. when i type in adb shell here instead of getting the # i get another $ and i am unable to procede getting an error message of unable to chmod xxx: no such file or directory

any help greatly appriciated

bhfd64

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Here are simpler instructions for rooting.