Port your Number to Google Voice -

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It seems the ability to port your current mobile number into Google Voice is slowly but surely being implemented, they will be charging a one time fee of $20.00 - Let us know if this option pop's up in your Google Voice Account - Also be on the lookout for Google Voice for the iPhone

2yjt0ur.png

Original Source - phandroid

chrisb817

Reaction score
Cool can't wait until I can port my home phone. Bye bye att

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
What would be the benefits of this? Wouldn't that be the same as cancelling your verizon account?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Home phone? Been without one since the late 90's....

Yeah we got rid of land line a few years back but we did get Vonage which was much cheaper. Fact was however we just didn't use Vonage and that was another waste of money so we got rid of that a few months back. Now it's simply our Droids, one number for the wife one for me.

I use only the 450 minute plan. Now when I'm at home I use Gmail's phone for outgoing calls.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
i dont get how this works...i thought GV wasn't VOIP? if you don't have a phone to forward your number to, how does it work?

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
i dont get how this works...i thought GV wasn't VOIP? if you don't have a phone to forward your number to, how does it work?

I beleive you access it via your PC.

chrisb817

Reaction score
I'm working on getting rid of the home phone . The alarm has me trap right now. Hoping when my alarm contact is over I can port my home number.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I'm working on getting rid of the home phone . The alarm has me trap right now. Hoping when my alarm contact is over I can port my home number.

My adt alarm has a cell

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Home phone? Been without one since the late 90's....
Good for you. I still use one. The alarm system requires one or a very expensive wireless add-on and monthly fees. Additionally, with the hurricanes we get a land line is a must for outages.

It's just for porting the number. The ability to port doesn't remove the requirement for at least one phone to forward to.

Gritwater

Reaction score
wait... so let me get this straight.... porting my verizon number to GV... i can already get my verizon voicemail to my google voicemail where I can read it. The only benifit I can see is free textmessaging then.

So can I port my one line I have to GV and be ok with Verizon

jcowgar

Reaction score

Hum, I just signed up with Verizon beginning part of this month and ported my AT&T landline number without issue. 3 days after starting the port my cell updated from its temporary number to my old home phone number. Works like a charm.

czerdrill

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's just for porting the number. The ability to port doesn't remove the requirement for at least one phone to forward to.

Ah ok...I guess that's useful...but I would think people had landlines for a reason.