Google Voice setup

pbcarch

Reaction score
Is there a way to be able to send & receive SMS from your Droid via Google Voice so that VZW does not charge you?

I have a new Google Voice account and send text messages from GV but it seems it still get charged to my VZW number as data usage

hotsauce_gm

Reaction score
how did you get the account? I signed up for an invite, waited for like 2 months and never got one from google... :(

searayman

Reaction score
if you send texts within the google voice client it should be free.

make sure you turn off sms forwarding to your phone though via google voice in your browser so u are not charged for receiving text either. You then will only get texts through 3g

catsartcox

Reaction score
I was told people could invite other people. Do mind giving out one of your invites to me? Can I send you a PM with my e-mail? But yes there is a way. I have seen video's on it...it should be built into the app. :)

OP
P

pbcarch

Reaction score
I have turned off the sms notification but not the email to my gmail account. I still kept the gv sms notification on....let me check a bit more but I noticed sms charges on my vzw account from my gv # to my mobile#...they were all received

Sorry no invite capability yet...and I bought my invites on ebay, paid $3 for mine

xandor

Reaction score
There's a thread on this forum that people post when they have invites. You might want to check there.