Google Voice

ldimick

Reaction score
I have a Google Voice account. I just connected to it. I am using my original cell phone number. I am hoping that you guys can clue me in a bit.

If I use their number any incoming calls to that number will ring on multiple phones. Correct?

If I use their number any SMS I send will go out on that number and it will not go against my Verizon SMS count. Correct? (If I setit up that way)

All missed called will be sent to GV and a text message will be sent to me.

What number shows up when I call someone? What number gets charged for the calls?

Any other comments about GV are welcome.

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Can you send me an invite? lol

Sorry, had to go there.

OP
L

ldimick

Reaction score
Erron,

If I had one it would be yours. :-(

mpenda

Reaction score
If you set it to ring on multiple phones, yes. You can adjust this by group or contact.
If you send SMS from the GV app, yes. If you send from the Droid native MSG app, no.
If you do NOT use call presentation (I think that's the term they use) calls will go to the first VM to answer. But having them presented will dump unanswered calls into GV.
Missed calls text you? No. You'll see missed calls on your phones, but GVM's can/will notify you.
GV on Droid is configurable. You can choose to send all calls via GV, no calls or have it prompt you each time.
Your Verizon number will get charged, and you will lose your free Verizon-to-Verizon time as the GV number is not with any carrier.
There is another thread on this very subject....a current one.

DroidFan

Reaction score
If I use their number any incoming calls to that number will ring on multiple phones. Correct?

Correct

If I use their number any SMS I send will go out on that number and it will not go against my Verizon SMS count. Correct? (If I setit up that way)

Correct again.

All missed called will be sent to GV and a text message will be sent to me.

Depending on how you have it set up. But yes, you can have the message transcribed and it will be sent to you via the GV app, email, text or any of the 3.

What number shows up when I call someone? What number gets charged for the calls?

If you haven't set your cell phone up to be your primary line on your cell phone, then the receiver will see your cell # and NOT your GV #. I tend to put *67 in front of all clients who I don't want to see my cell # so then they'll see "Private Caller" instead.

Hope this helps!