What do you think of Google Voice for Android

Discussion in 'Android Applications Discussions' started by fandroid1, Aug 19, 2010.

1. fandroid1

fandroid1 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Google Voice for Android lets you place calls and send SMS showing your Google number. Listen to voicemail and/or read transcripts from the Google Voice inbox. Google Voice account required, currently only available in the US. IMPORTANT: You must open Google Voice at least once after upgrading to route calls. Google’s Google Voice app for Android offers full integration between your phone and the Google Voice system, allowing you to both make and receive calls from your Google Voice telephone number. I just read a story about google voice. Maybe you will like it too
    [​IMG]
    There are a lot of reviews on android market, good or bad. What do you think of it?

2. harrellj

harrellj Active Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I've got it, though I only use it for visual voicemail (hey, $3 is a serious savings). I did take one of my other gmail accounts (yes, I have multiple) and attached it to a GV account which I then set up forwards to my emergency contacts, leaving me a single ICE number. Lifehacker.com has a whole series of articles on getting use out of GV.

3. aminaked

aminaked Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I like it. I like having visual voicemail for free. I like the transcripts. I like free SMS. I like being able to choose my own number (I chose my last name). I like being able to set different outgoing messages for different people. I like being able to save voicemails forever. I like being able to email voicemails to people. I like that it's free.

What's not to like? Not much!

4. Blayzn

Blayzn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't seem to set up my Google Voice, so I can't say. I would put my email and password in, then it asks me to put in a PIN. I do that both times and then I get an error say "We have a problem". I've tried this on a few different occasions with the same results. Any clue what I can do?

5. Johnly

Johnly Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Google voice rocks way beyond android. In fact it is to be used in a larger way than android only. Just watch the demo videos....kick $#@

6. BlueIce5249

BlueIce5249 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Useless to me. I had it but it didn't work for all numbers, it actually didn't even work with my area code in a major city. If I didn't answer my phone you'd get a message saying the number is no longer in service. I can't afford to miss any voicemails either so I had to uninstall it.

7. OnoSendi

OnoSendi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Google Voice is not available to all users. It's kind of how gmail was at first. You couldn't sign up, you'd have to be invited by another party. One of my friends had an extra one he had due to something with his .edu email account (something to do with his university). I'm sure you can find an invite from someone on a forum. Good luck :)

-OnoSendi

8. Zargon

Zargon Member

Ratings:
    +0
    GV has been available to everyone in the US since June.

Google Voice Blog: Google Voice for everyone

9. KoronaLite

KoronaLite New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just started using Google Voice last week for the voicemail capabilities and I must say, I'm loving it. I hated Verizon voicemail, I don't exactly know why, but I did. I am so glad I decided to switch.

10. droiddadi

droiddadi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    SMS notifications are not instant sometimes they show up after opening up the app. Hope google will fix this soon

11. aminaked

aminaked Silver Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You're not running an automated task killer or killing tasks manually, are you? Don't.

12. droiddadi

droiddadi Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I stopped using them looooooong time back. I see GV running in background all the time.

Search tags for this page
what do you think about google voice
what do you think about google voice?

what do you think of google voice