Please help

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hey anytime. Btw just looked into it and you should def wipe data/cache before restoring a nandroid. Have fun with the new rom.

Jedb

Reaction score
yes, it is done. I thank you for the time you spent helping me out. Now when I click on system updates it wont even check for them.Anyways, if I want to flash back to the verizon rom how would I do that
how did you flash the new rom you got? did you go to bootstrap and go into restore mode, i need the steps for flashing the new rom, do i have to delete the complete current original rom? im in the same boat you were in and im glad i found this thread. hope one of you two can get back to me. thanks for the info
jed

OP
W

wb1960

Reaction score
Jedb, I did go into recovery mode and was kind of lost. I ended up using the paid version of rom manager.What I did was open up rom manager and that had the rom I downloaded(rubix) and that installed my new rom

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Just so you know, the paid version of ROM Manager is only paying Koush. The ROM developers don't get anything out of it.

Glad you got it working! I just stumbled in thinking I could help. :)

OP
W

wb1960

Reaction score
I am not sure what that means. I didnt mean to do anything that is taboo or not kosher.I am lost in this tech stuff that is why I read here and try to understand. I assumed these apps that are for rooted phones were created by all you tech folk to make things easy for us knuckleheads

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
You did nothing wrong, I was just pointing out that if you got that thinking the people who created the ROMs were somehow getting compensated for their hard work that you were incorrect.

The app is available and it does a very good job for most people most of the time. I'm sorry if I came across in such a way as to make you think you'd done something wrong. :) You're fine, believe me.

Jedb

Reaction score
okay so you did it from rom manager.. but heres my question, why now can we use rom manager and use new roms and before like a month or so ago we couldnt, is it the bootstrap app? or something else?

Jedb

Reaction score
okay so i need bootstrap no matter what. and then i can load a custom rom on rom manager? do i have to go to bootstrap recovery? or can i just let rom manger install it without me going into recovery mode... and obviously i should create a backup of my system in the recovery mode right?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Backups are a must. If you're unfamiliar with installing a ROM I'd recommend you look around and make sure you have the process down before you try it. :) Another member of the Rescue Squad and myself spent four days trying to get someone's D2 unbricked. ;)

Jedb

Reaction score
Yeah I'm still looking around. But any chance you could give me the steps and If I have any questions I can ask you?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App