please help phone wont change roms

jordanshipwreck

Reaction score
so i havent bought rom manager but ive been just downloading the roms off the developers page and installing from sd, idk if that makes a dif on the droid or not, so i got Bgill55’S Red Rum V4.1 rom on my phone running, i want JRummy’s Remix Red V.07 running but evertime i go to install it says something about not finding file, ive even tried to install new cyanogen 5.0.6.2 but it wont let me do that ether. so i can get 5.0.6.1 cyan running but it wont let me update. please help me. i want to know how to do this, i rooted last week and been lost as hell, oh and im running 2.1 rooted moto droid

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
If you're running sprecovery a lot of the ROMs you mentioned won't work as they require clockwork rocovery. Both recoveries use nandroid, but are not compatible.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
J

jordanshipwreck

Reaction score
i have clockwork, wen i press power and x it says clockwork recovery latest version, i use rom manager just the free one

Last edited:

Shizzy1427

Reaction score
Are you wiping data and cache when trying to switch? And you should probably be using clean nandroid's not just update.zip's, if thats what youre doing.

when flashing a new ROM it is good practice to always wipe data and cache twice before installing the new ROM.

OP
J

jordanshipwreck

Reaction score
whats a clean nandroid, i just download the jrummy new red rom to my sd(download folder) and im running bill red rom and just want to change theme. ive tryd wiping data.

OP
J

jordanshipwreck

Reaction score
my current rom is cyanogen 5.0.6.1, everytime i go to download new one it says cant open or something and has (bad) at the end

forkup

Reaction score
Are you using install zip from sdcard or install update.zip? Use install zip from sdcard.