please help me get the perfect phone!

fantom557

Reaction score
PLease excuse my grammar or spelling mistakes i am not a great writer!
ok so i am sure many of you who are phone junkies are feeling like me now. I am using the iPhone 5 now boring only thing i like is that the phone,iPad,macs all sync together. i have a blackberry as my pure business phone the BB 9900 i cant help it i like the keypad sometimes i will get he Q10 to replace it when its released . In the last month i have had the z10 i got it from blackberry before it was released because i made friends with the right guy, the fact the phone has no great apps and the only good feature was the hub but keyboard was just ok. I could barely see the words of the predictive suggestions because they blended in with the keyboard also i am older so i do use reading glasses(ha). I went and got my self a droid razr m because i like the size and i heard it was a good phone for the money. I am thinking of getting the s4 when it comes out i do love android just because i can tinker with the phone a bit make it fun. i just cant find the perfect phone. i know u have to play with each one to decide which is perfect for my needs but i must say the new phones that are being released are just phones with more bells and whistles then quality and have become more then a phone. i wish i can design the perfect phone but in todays world it just does not exist. i use my phone for calls, email, texting, oh i like to play games sometimes but i also want a quality feeling phone. will the s4 do it? stay with iPhone 5? who the **** knows anymore i just want a great quality phone that can do all that i need. i am 49 years old and i am up to date on most tech in the market today i am not scared of trying something new i just cant figure out what phone will give me what i want.

Question to all what phone would u get at this point in time? i would just like to have input from others who are like me looking for the perfect phone for now.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I currently have my Nexus and am completely happy with it, though I have to admit with the s4 I am getting a bit of phone envy myself. This is the only device I've held onto for more than a year. The reason I held onto it for so long instead of the usual annual upgrade I do is because I felt this generation of phones available on Verizon weren't too big of an upgrade over the Galaxy Nexus (the Note II is really the only phone that seemed like a significant upgrade). So I chose to wait and hoped something would come around and so far my eyes are set on the s4.

The s4 is the only phone that interests me right now, well I would like to have the Xperia Z but that's not coming to Verizon, but the s4 still may not be the perfect phone. I had an s3 for a bit and enjoyed it, but it wasn't a real upgrade over my Nexus, for me at least, so I got rid of it. The hardware and roughly the same form factor on the s4 could be what I'm looking for.

My advice to you; don't look for perfection in a device, you won't find it. The more you use the device you'll find more things you don't like but those can be outweighed by what you like. You just got alot of experimenting and demo'ing to do.

Last edited:

iamjoe

Reaction score
If you need a phone, 'now', get the samsung S3. I just upgraded from the Bioinic and I am very happy. If you can wait a bit, get the S4. You don't need a keyboard anymore. Swype or swiftKey is way cool and you can do some serious texting/typing once you get used to it.

In most cases, if you go to a new carrier you will have 30 days to return your phone if you don't like it. Check it out.