1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

help me chose a phone

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by thomas1984, Feb 28, 2011.

1. thomas1984

thomas1984 New Member

Hello, I currently have a razr and want to upgrade to a smart phone but not sure if im making the right choice on the phone. Right now I am leaning toward the Dorid X because i have large hands and the larger screen of the phone seems to just fit good. I am also aware of the thunderbolt and the bionic that is due out soon but my question is will i really see any benefit to either of those over the droidX seeings that I live NO WHERE NEAR a area that shows 4g on the map? will a 4g phone run faster on 3g than the droid x does? I did notice that the bionic will have adobe flash, does that mean that it can stream vids from pretty much ANY site i want? my main use for the phone will be talking, web surfing/watching vids and some online chat. I have never sent a text message in my life so thats not all that important to me. I do how ever want the option of having a ring tone blue toothed to me and accually being able to set it as a ring tone because my razr v3 cant do that. So what do you think would be the right phone for my needs?
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 Super Moderator

just because a phone has 4G capablilites doesnt mean it will have faster 3G that 3G only phones. 3G is 3G.

flash is on all of the phones u listed. and yea pretty much (with the exception of a few sites that block it like hulu)

sending/receiving that stuff via bluetooth can be done on any phone. but theres apps to do it without bluetooth..

hope this helps :) and :welcome:
  3. thomas1984

thomas1984 New Member

Any one else have some advise?
  4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I hear a Blackberry Storm is pretty nice. :blackberry:dancedroid

Just having some fun with you.

Want a large screen? Droid X

Want to wait forever for your phone? Thunderbolt

Want a phone that works internationally? D2 Global