please help lost root

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
Ok, I've done everything. I've tried all the different methods, I've read all the threads, I've factory reset several times, and NOTHING. I need help!!!

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Damn. I really wanted to avoid another factory reset. If I go through with it, do I have to click on the Erase All Internal Data option? How about the SD card? Do I click on one of them, both, or neither?

Ok, I've done everything. I've tried all the different methods, I've read all the threads, I've factory reset several times, and NOTHING. I need help!!!

These have gotten pretty painless lately by following these simple steps: 1. Make sure Backup and Restore are checked in the Privacy setting. 2. When going through the setup after the reset, turn on wifi as soon as you can. 3. After you have entered you Gmail account info, you will be presented with a screen that has two check boxes. Basically they are "Do you want Google to backup and restore this phone. Make sure you check both of those. You apps will then automatically reinstall (paid and free). Set the phone aside for a minute or two and let the apps download and install. 3. Use an app such as titanium backup to restore data only to select apps such as Tapatalk and you will not have to re-enter all your login information. I do this for 3-4 apps (Tapatalk, SPB Shell, etc.).

I've been flashing new roms/updates about once per day lately and I can be up and running with all my apps and settings back in place in less than 20 minutes. It's pretty painless now.

"If I go through with it, do I have to click on the Erase All Internal Data option? How about the SD card? Do I click on one of them, both, or neither?"

Yes, you need to erase all data. This will not touch your sdcard or or your sdcard-ext. It will erase everything you've added in the way of settings and apps. Your phone will be just like it came from the factory.

"Ok, I've done everything. I've tried all the different methods, I've read all the threads, I've factory reset several times, and NOTHING. I need help!!!"

You have got to tell us what is going wrong. At what point does the restore fail? What error messages do you get. There are clues that left in the wake of a failure like you are experiencing. We need more info.

drkeith420

Reaction score
i am also trying to root the .893 update with releasedroot and it fails at the sending 185 zergling command. i have the superuser app icon but titanium says im not rooted. moto oneclick and pete's also failed. not sure where to go next. can some one tell me what 185 zerglings means?

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
Ok, I fixed it. Thanks y'all!!! I had to factory reset (which, btw, I still had to reinstall the majority of my apps because Backup Pro did not work for me), then I cleaned and reinstalled the drivers, rebooted both the phone and laptop, and ran the one click exploit and it worked. Whew!!! And now onto CHEESECAKE!!!!!