please help lost root

DoctorV

Reaction score
What's the easiest way to tell if I still have root? I used forever root and then updated to .893 and want to find out if I still have root.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
What's the easiest way to tell if I still have root? I used forever root and then updated to .893 and want to find out if I still have root.

Try any app that requires root... Root explorer? Bionic boot strap? Etc
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Nyteravyn

Reaction score

But when you update the system file you lose forever root and have to redo it...

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
the battery calibration tool on the market is a free and easy way

liftedplane

Gold Member
Reaction score

Look for the superuser app that is the easiest no bs way to tell then download titanium backup and see if it asks for superuser permission

Sent from my ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DROID forums!

konellaz

Reaction score
Root checker found in the market

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
I'm having the same issue.. I updated to .893 and rolled back to .886, but now I can't root. I've tried all the different methods several times, but so far I haven't found anything that worked. What am I doing wrong?

MadBlackLady

Reaction score
Find one click r3l3as3droot, download and unpack it. Find Blur_Version.5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US and download it and put it on your phones sd ext. Boot into your phones ap fastboot after u put your battery back in. You do this by holding up and down volume buttons and then pressing the power button and (using volume down to navigate through selections) selecting recovery (hit volume up for selecting). Start up releasedroot by clicking the batch file on your comp. Now plug in your phone once in ap fastboot. There should be instructions from there... don't forget to Yes, root at the end :)

Hang on a sec... I gotta remove my battery again.

Last edited:

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
Find one click r3l3as3droot, download and unpack it. Find Blur_Version.5.5.893.XT875.Verizon.en.US and download it and put it on your phones sd ext. Boot into your phones ap fastboot after u put your battery back in. You do this by holding up and down volume buttons and then pressing the power button and (using volume down to navigate through selections) selecting recovery (hit volume up for selecting). Start up releasedroot by clicking the batch file on your comp. Now plug in your phone once in ap fastboot. There should be instructions from there... don't forget to Yes, root at the end :)

Hang on a sec... I gotta remove my battery again.

Will this wipe my data?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
None of these methods are working for me. I've tried every root method I could find, and none of them have worked. Am I missing something??

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
None of these methods are working for me. I've tried every root method I could find, and none of them have worked. Am I missing something??

Go read both these threads: [ROOT] R3L3AS3D W/FOR3V3R ROOT V1.0 LINUX/WINDOWS (Get ROOT after 893 OTA OOPS) - RootzWiki and R3L3As3Droot And 43V3R Root For The Bionic V2.1 - RootzWiki. Reading these will give you a much better understanding of what's going on and perhaps why you are failing.

The V2.1 is a proven tool. If it doesn't work for you, there is probably a solution in one of the two threads. You will need to pay particular attention to exactly when the program fails for you and exactly what it says when it fails. The read the thread and find something that fits your failure. The solution should be there somewhere.

Good luck.

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
Go read both these threads: [ROOT] R3L3AS3D W/FOR3V3R ROOT V1.0 LINUX/WINDOWS (Get ROOT after 893 OTA OOPS) - RootzWiki and R3L3As3Droot And 43V3R Root For The Bionic V2.1 - RootzWiki. Reading these will give you a much better understanding of what's going on and perhaps why you are failing.

The V2.1 is a proven tool. If it doesn't work for you, there is probably a solution in one of the two threads. You will need to pay particular attention to exactly when the program fails for you and exactly what it says when it fails. The read the thread and find something that fits your failure. The solution should be there somewhere.

Good luck.

I've read through both those posts... I spent my entire weekend going through them with a fine tooth comb as well as countless YouTube videos and other forums, and I still haven't found anything that works.

Calla969

Reaction score
If the R3L3AS3D root method isn't working, try doing a factory data reset and then run it again. It fixed it for me and others as well.

Lakilaulea

Reaction score
If the R3L3AS3D root method isn't working, try doing a factory data reset and then run it again. It fixed it for me and others as well.

Damn. I really wanted to avoid another factory reset. If I go through with it, do I have to click on the Erase All Internal Data option? How about the SD card? Do I click on one of them, both, or neither?