Please help. Droid has the shakes

xfireguru

Reaction score
For what it's worth, I have the exact same issue from time to time. I have no logical explanation. In my case I've ruled out the USB cord and the wall charger. The battery is fine. The screen is fine.

For whatever reason the phone just gets the jitters.

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
In two different posts to this thread I've suggested that the problem is the usb cable or charger. Here's my quote from post #10: "I've been reading this board since early November and every single time, as I recall, reading about an issue such as you are describing, it has been traced to 1) faulty chargers, 2) non factory chargers, 3) cheap usb cables and in one case a bad touch screen".

Yes I read your post and considered as valid as any of the other ones. The only charging that has been happening and still right now, is the USB cord that came with the phone and to the same laptop. The only other charger that may get used is the wall plug that came with the phone, that utilizes the same USB cord.

I very much took heed to your input and stopped using the other forms of charging to see if it made a difference, it just did not.

smokinfish

Reaction score
Having the same problem right now. Phone is off charger and the screen is going crazy. Did a battery pull and still have the problem. I too have only used the usb charger that came with the phone. I also lost the use of my search button at the bottom right corner. I'm un-rooting and taking the phone back to Verizon today. I will ask about the screen and see if they have run across this issue.

I'll be back!!!!!

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, if it anything like what was causing mine to do it, it'll fix itself.

DrElwinRansom

Reaction score
bike_guy,

I have just gone a-Googlin' to find the answer you were looking for. I still have no idea what was causing yours to shake, but the responses gave somewhat of an answer for me. I bought a cheap Mini-USB to Micro-USB adapter and was using it with the power adapter I had from my Blackberry Pearl. I unplugged it and the shakes stopped. Then I plugged the USB adapter thingie into a different power adapter, one by Jabra for an old Bluetooth headset with the specs identical to the other Blackberry adapter, and so far it's not shaking at all. Weird, eh?

I guess I'll have to see what happens...

mcwet

Reaction score
My Droid is shaking like crazy. I stopped at the Verizon store yesterday for help and I was lucky enough to have it happen when I went in so they could see it happen.

However, that only made it worse. I've learned to put the phone to sleep to stop the shaking, but I let it continue to show the Verizon guy and now it literally won't stop. It's like a ghost is taking over my phone -- opening apps and emails, clicking links, triggering the virtual keyboard and typing gibberish -- it's absolutely crazy.

I had been using a PowerMat charger for the past two weeks and after reading this thread I've stopped using it, but the shaking problem preceded the PowerMat use.

It may be a bad app or widget but I have no idea which one. Trying the battery removal fix now. My phone is seriously spooked.

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score

CrashnBrn

Reaction score

Doh Sorry, I should wait till it's later to post (not a morning person). I only saw the first page and not the rest!

Glad your problem cleared up! I'm getting my replacement on Tuesday! My problems is similar and is now happening all the time :/

Last edited:

fgfaria

Reaction score
I have a similar issue with a Galaxy Tab

Hi, I know this is a quite old thread, but I have a similar issue with my Galaxy Tab P1000.

I have made a youtube video and a drawing test available at Problema na tela do Galaxy Tab

There is a thread on a problem that looks similar in XDA: Defective touchscreen? - xda-developers

In my case, I never noticed any difference regardless of whether charging or on battery. This behavior just stays always this way, except in touch test apps! In those apps it works fine! This makes me think it's not a hardware problem.

Advices are appreciated! =)
Thanks,
Fabio