Please help. Droid has the shakes

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
assuming you've rooted, you can boot into recovery, make a nandroid, put the nandroid on your computer. After going back to stock and all that, just re-root, open the recovery back up, put your nandroid back on your phone, and you'll have your past settings and home screen set-ups and all that jazz.

I have thought about going back to stock to SEE if that solves it. I've already restored back to a point BEFORE this problem occurred and without resolution.

Question, if I go back to stock, will SPRecovery still be there? Or do I have to reinstall after I root?

magnus

Reaction score
You sure...its not just your screen protector?

Have you tried taking it off?

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
For all intensive purposes, it was almost off, but I'll try it. My brain says though that if it were the protector, it would be all the time, not just while charging.

magnus

Reaction score
Yeah man...chances are you're right. But I've seen screen protectors cause touch issues......

But also...I just wanted to post something...even if mine wasn't the right answer

I just stumbled upon this thread and really appreciate the way you've been asking for help inspite of not having too many replies. I like the way you've just been adding more information to your thread....even if you hadn't found a fix yet.

Too many people (including myself) have a first response of giving up or getting angry at not immediately getting an answer to a posted question so its really refreshing to see someone doing something different.

Hope you get your issue worked out....

Worst comes to worst....do you have insurance? I do know that asurion has open enrollment right now, so that you can buy insurance even if you're past the 30 days.

Can you reproduce the problem?...if so verizon may give you a replacement without insurance if you think its a touch screen issue......but yeah you'll have to unroot first.

Good luck

AnneDroid

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
This sucks. I have no advice, but I feel your pain. I hope someone has a fix for this... at least I can bump you up.

OpalCat

Reaction score
For all intensive purposes, it was almost off, but I'll try it.
Sorry man, but this is a pet peeve of mine. The phrase is "for all intents and purposes" not "for all intensive purposes."

Sorry, carry on. I hope you find a solution--that would drive me buggy!:icon_eek:

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
For all intensive purposes, it was almost off, but I'll try it.
Sorry man, but this is a pet peeve of mine. The phrase is "for all intents and purposes" not "for all intensive purposes."

Sorry, carry on. I hope you find a solution--that would drive me buggy!:icon_eek:

rofl2.gif

I never use that saying so I sat here and whispered it to myself a few times trying to figure it out, then took a guess. I should have googled it.

Hey, may not be what I wanted, but I learned something here.

OpalCat

Reaction score
rofl2.gif

I never use that saying so I sat here and whispered it to myself a few times trying to figure it out, then took a guess. I should have googled it.

Hey, may not be what I wanted, but I learned something here.
Hehe. It's ok, it's a common mistake.

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well it's not the screen protector.

Battery is now recharging from a <5% charge. So far it's better but not like it used to be.

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
Update:
At 70% charge was showing signs of the issue and at 80% it's almost fully screwed up, not being able to "capture" an icon with a long press (I didn't check the 50-60% charge but at 40 and below, there was little to no apparent issues present). As soon as a disconnect the USB.... it's all good.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Update:
At 70% charge was showing signs of the issue and at 80% it's almost fully screwed up, not being able to "capture" an icon with a long press (I didn't check the 50-60% charge but at 40 and below, there was little to no apparent issues present). As soon as a disconnect the USB.... it's all good.

Try a different usb cable.

OP
Jim 777

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
***WTF???***

As you may have read, my entire time in SoCal has been a nightmare trying to get the phone's screen to work correctly while charging. I did not get a chance to replace the battery (the next step I wanted to try) and therefore drove back to NorCal and was going to go get one this weekend.

HOWEVER, upon returning and unpacking the car, I came in and created a fresh backup for mjones (he's helping me with something else) and I plugged it in to the laptop to transfer the nandroid file over. The battery was at 40% but I noticed that the screen is acting PERFECTLY! I checked it all the way to full charge and it's acting normally again. I don't get it. It's been connected to the same laptop the entire time.

Respectfully,

Thoroughly Confused.

littlerick

Reaction score
have you been using the same usb cord? does it do it plugged into the wall?

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
In two different posts to this thread I've suggested that the problem is the usb cable or charger. Here's my quote from post #10: "I've been reading this board since early November and every single time, as I recall, reading about an issue such as you are describing, it has been traced to 1) faulty chargers, 2) non factory chargers, 3) cheap usb cables and in one case a bad touch screen".