Phone won't make calls

lwags67

Reaction score
Had a call at lunch today, about an hour ago. All fine. Now, try to dial out and phone will not dial, will not dial voicemail, will not receive calls from a landline. What happened?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
what happens when you try and call - just nothing? how's your signal? what were you doing right before? have you tried to toggle airplane mode or rebooting (not that you should have to, but wondering if this fixes it)? have I asked enough questions? :tongue:

OP
L

lwags67

Reaction score
Rebooted, turned off wi-fi, bunch of things. Called Verizon. Ended up with special tech section. We took sim card out, powered down phone, VZ re-set something at their end, put sim card back in, rebooted and all is working. Tech said something got corrupted at their end. Thanks for the response.

JRFrederick

Reaction score
phone has spotty coverage calls/text

Over the past few days my phone has been unable to make calls or has been spotty making calls. It will dial out but no ring tone and then says unable to connect. texts wont go through. Sometimes they will sometimes they wont. Also the battery which is usually good for a day or day and a half is now draining in 1/2 day. Verizon says there are no coverage problems. However my wifes phone is doing the same thing. She has a Droid Pro. Same issue. Any help?

I have turned off pulled the SD card to reset and nothing is better

Thanks

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
Mine has been doing fine. Actually really well. Last battery charge lasted 1.5 days. Signal here has been good. West Tn.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Over the past few days my phone has been unable to make calls or has been spotty making calls. It will dial out but no ring tone and then says unable to connect. texts wont go through. Sometimes they will sometimes they wont. Also the battery which is usually good for a day or day and a half is now draining in 1/2 day. Verizon says there are no coverage problems. However my wifes phone is doing the same thing. She has a Droid Pro. Same issue. Any help?

Thanks

If both phones are honestly having the same problem, it would more than likely be a VZW issue. It's very rare that both phones have the same issue at the same time, and both phones have a hardware failure.

Nyguy7

Reaction score

Thanks

I had the same issue for weeks.. About 2 or 3 times per day when I would try to make calls, it would not ring or connect, then when i would speak, all that would happen was i would hear my voice echo.. I called verizon, and they reset something on their end having to do with the sim card, and so far haven't had that problem since,, its been 3 days..

DelainaColeman

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC desire 510
jntdroidI post: 2290378 said:
what happens when you try and call - just nothing? how's your signal? what were you doing right before? have you tried to toggle airplane mode or rebooting (not that you should have to, but wondering if this fixes it)? have I asked enough questions? :tongue:
How do u reboot i have a htc desire 510 4g

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
"Reboot" means the same as with your PC, simply power your phone off, then power it back on. Or you can long press the power button and click "restart".
YNpLNy8.png

Welcome to the forum! Hang in there, we'll get you fixed up.

S5 tap'n