Phone is sending all calls straight to voicemail.

dscott7

Reaction score
Today my phone started sending all incoming calls straight to voicemail. My phone doesn't ring or anything. I'm not even on the phone when it happens and I don't get a missed call notice, only a voicemail notice if they leave one. Is there any way to stop this from happening?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Is it happening from one specific number, or anyone that calls? Also, did you install any new apps right before this started?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

OP
D

dscott7

Reaction score
Anyone that calls, so I know it's not the "send caller straight to voicemail" because I checked that on a few people. I didn't install any new apps but I went and deleted some I thought might be the offenders and it still didn't fix it.

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
OK. You already checked what I was thinking. I don't have any other thoughts or ideas right now. Hopefully someone here can help.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

wcjeep

Reaction score
Do you have Google Voice? There's an option to do exactly this problem.

OP
D

dscott7

Reaction score
Don't have google voice.

To anyone who ends up on this page in the future and has the same problem: I took it into the Verizon store, they messed around with it for an hour and eventually had to do a hard reset/set it to factory default settings. That fixed the problem. Nothing else would.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Glad to hear you were able to fix the problem. I was going to suggest trying to run the phone in Safe mode first, and if it worked properly in Safe mode, that it then would clearly point to a software problem. It could have been a third party app, it could have been a corruption of one of the system files. Either way, the system restore forces a re-write of all system files and if done as part of a wipe, also eliminates any possible interference from third party apps by removing them. The good news is it's back to normal.

nls84

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 64GB
So I was having this happen too. But it seems to have started after I did a system software update to version 21.44.8.en.US.
It was doing it to everyone that called me and I don't have any calls that I send straight to voicemail. I restarted my phone and things seem to be working ok now....we'll see. Otherwise I'll be headed to the Verizon store I guess

Kimmy883

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid turbo
Twitter
Kimberly [email protected]
My husband's droid turbo does this went to Verizon they fixed it and now doing it again please help us.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Welcome to the forum Kimmy883!
Hang in there and hopefully one of our many knowledgeable Turbo owners can give you a hand. Good luck!

S5 tap'n

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have any of y'all tried the following:
Power the phone down. Remove the SIM card. Power the phone back up. Keep phone on for at least a minute. Power phone back down. Insert SIM card. Power back up.
This worked on my old Rezound when it had that problem and I only had to do it once.

Support Our Troops !!!
<><
Beast Mode 4

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
Glad it's back to working. I was going to say back it up and fr it.