Dial-pad app replacement

rechmbrs

Reaction score
I've been trying to use a different app for the dial-pad. The dial-pad does not offer a backspace for keying in numbers.

I've install and tried PixelPhone, GoContactsEX/GoPhone, .....

I open the programs one at a time and when I'm asked, I reply set as default when I try to use. I dial a number and hit the phone symbol to make a call. Immediately, the Android dial-pad opens and I'm not able then to enter others numbers as requested by the phone I'm calling. Like press 1 for English. Then I'm asked for a long number but the one is still in the field so I need to backspace to remove it before I type the desired number. I check to see if the phone app I'm testing it the default and it is.

This a problem with refilling perscriptions and also calling Verizon rebate number from my cell.

How do I overcome this situation?

RAZR M Android 4.1.2.

RONC

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
You don't have to delete previous number entries once you are in the call. If you dial 1 for English, 3 for customer service, 2 for billing, 2 add account, then enter your account number 554378543900 the entry field will look like 1322554378543900. This will not in any way impede you entering another number. If you realized half way through that you entered the wrong account number, wait until the online system says "unable to located that account, please try again " or something along those lines. Then your dial pad will look like 1322554378543900554378543900. This will not cause you problems. I hope I made that clear enough and that it answers your questions. Good luck!

OP
R

rechmbrs

Reaction score
When I do as you say, the other end voices back the numbers and the 1 is included. Have to use land line to do it. Overall Android is good but there are areas that are not up to snuff.

Why doesn't installing another phone app and setting it as default not completely cover the normal phone app?

RONC

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Do you have the DTMF tones set to long? Open your dialer, tap on menu, then settings, then scroll down to DTMF tones. Select that option and see if they are on long. If they are, switch it to normal or visa versa. See if that helps. I haven't ever had your issue with a mobile phone and I've had no landline for six years. One last question, when you have this problem, is it the same company you are calling?

OP
R

rechmbrs

Reaction score
I don't see any place to change that. Month old phone with very few changes other than 4.1.1 to 4.1.2 update.

RONC

bigbadwulff

Reaction score
Why not use the stock dialer? I have no problems at all entering numbers after a call is place, when prompted. I do it all the time.