Phone upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

vey

Reaction score
Why does expressing an opinion about phone hardware = hate? I am not judging your soul. I am judging a phone. Its just a phone.

And I have actually recommended the Bionic to people on here before. All things are relative. For its time, the Bionic was a good phone.

Here is why people become angry with you. You assume that your needs and wants are the same as others. If everybody was like you, then there would be no argument. You don't think that hundreds of dollars is too expensive to buy a phone and you don't think whatever you pay in monthly fees us too much either.

Other people disagree and when they do, you blow them off.

sweat90lx

Reaction score
i narrowed it down to the D4 or the Rezound based on what I was willing to spend. D4 screen was not up to par IMO and has no external battery, so I got the Rezound.
Its personal option really. What you want out of a phone and what you are willing to spend on it.

Meltman

Reaction score
Future phones

I got the droid x on release date and have no problems with it at all. But I am ready for an upgrade! What is coming out that I should be waiting for? I've read about the Samsung s III is that the best coming out? Or is there something else?

iGrizz

Reaction score
I'm sure the S3 will be out soon and will be a beast of a phone. However Samsung is doing what Motorola is notorious for doing. The S2 came out not too long ago, then the Nexus, followed by the Note and now the S3. I have a Nexus and with no updates going on two months I feel as if Samsung gave up already on the Nexus.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
Here is why people become angry with you. You assume that your needs and wants are the same as others.
I strongly disagree. In fact, I often do the opposite.

If everybody was like you, then there would be no argument. You don't think that hundreds of dollars is too expensive to buy a phone and you don't think whatever you pay in monthly fees us too much either.
When people add the qualifier that they want something cheap, I alter my advice accordingly. I have recommended the Bionic and DINC2 several times on here because of that. If someone is on here soliciting advice for the "best" phone though, they are probably looking at specs, not price. If they want cheap, Verizon is the wrong place to be anyway. Verizon is probably the most expensive carrier in the US. When I criticize a phone or say one is better than another, I explain exactly why.

But all of that is kinda irrelevant anyway, because these are just opinions about a phone. People should not get worked up and offended about my opinion of a piece of technology they might own. That is retarded. The fact that they own a particular phone does not make it some sacred religious symbol that cannot be criticized. A criticism of their phone is not analogous to an attack on them or a personal insult.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
i narrowed it down to the D4 or the Rezound based on what I was willing to spend. D4 screen was not up to par IMO and has no external battery, so I got the Rezound. Its personal option really. What you want out of a phone and what you are willing to spend on it.
I would have done the same. I will admit that the Droid 4 has probably the best hardware keyboard I have seen so far. But in every other way the other tier1 phones are better, including the Razr. Like the Droid 2 and 3 it just doesn't have a wow factor. It is just "me too".

The extended battery on the Rezound turns it into a brick, but man, I love it. I know it is perverse, but I actually like the added bulk and weight kinda. It doesnt feel delicate. And going a full 24 hour day between charges doesnt suck.

CrimsonTide55

Reaction score
Jeffdover just leave. Nobody likes you. Every thread your in is an argument not a discussion like it should be. If you dont agree with someones opinion just say I don't agree with that and let it be. State your opinion and move on. You don't have to quote every line of what everybody says and break it down word by word. That's why people don't like you

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Status
Not open for further replies.