Phone upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrracinfan

Reaction score
My 2 years with the OG is coming up soon, question being; What to upgrade to? Not switching to a 4g plan and may not be able to afford a Nexus or Rezound. Droid Incredible 2? I got spoiled with all the roms to choose from.....

Your input is appreciated and thank you in advance.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

OP
J

jrracinfan

Reaction score
No suggestions or recommendations? As of right now, the Droid Incredible 2 really looks promising.

asdfghjkl_em

Reaction score
I love my incredible 2, the only thing is if you get the red or white one, its very hard to find replacements for (back plates especially). You can find heaps of black ones though.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

OP
J

jrracinfan

Reaction score
Was also thinking a Droid 3 for it's HDMI out and 1080p vs 720p recording of the DInc2. Locked bootloader is a moot point now since there are custom roms out.

mamawm

Reaction score
aren't you grandfathered in to the unlimited plan? 4g does not cost extra. you pay the same 3g or 4g.

OP
J

jrracinfan

Reaction score
Wait, so is it a definite I will be grandfathered to unlimited 4g if I switch? If so, I think the Bionic will quench my thirst.

mamawm

Reaction score
yep, whatever you have now is what you will stay with, just with a new phone. and i love my bionic, got it on release day and haven't had any problems.

OP
J

jrracinfan

Reaction score
Thinking LG Sprectrum also, will be watching the dev scene for it though as no known way to get root on it yet. So as of right now I'm thinking about a Droid 3.

Last edited:

mamawm

Reaction score
all of the top tier phones on verizon right now are great phones. like i said above, i love my bionic and have no desire to switch to anything else. but you should go check out all of them in the store and see what feels right to you. don't forget the droid 4 went on sale this past friday and has already been rooted. and if you are really into flashing roms, etc. the nexus can't be beat.

Mike8016

Reaction score
Go with the Bionic

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

iGrizz

Reaction score
I love my Nexus. Since you have your NE2 you can upgrade to anything you want. Any 4G phone you go with will l be the same price data wise as any 3G phone. Only difference being the price of the phone itself. You should look into the Rezound, RAZR MAXX, Droid 4 and the Nexus. All great phones!

OP
J

jrracinfan

Reaction score
Go with the Bionic

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Thank you

You should look into the Rezound, RAZR MAXX, Droid 4 and the Nexus. All great phones!

Ok through Amazon's Wireless store, I can go up to $50. Here's what it narrows down to:
http://img.techpowerup.org/120212/Capture034.jpg

Looking at the Free DInc2 there.

Droid 3 on Wirefly is free and includes a hardware bundle
http://img.techpowerup.org/120212/Capture035.jpg
Bionic on Wirefly is $50
http://img.techpowerup.org/120212/Capture037.jpg

Like I said, although I would LOVE to have the Rezound($159 on Amazon/$179 on Wirefly), I know I probably won't be able to afford it when the time comes in a few weeks. Out of those depicted Which ones would you go for? If the price drops quite uncontrollably on the Rezound I will definitely go that route I guess. Really REALLY liking the Droid 3 bundle right now.

Last edited:
OP
J

jrracinfan

Reaction score
If it ends up I can scrounge up the change and still at that price I will go that route. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.