1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Phone over-heating (SUPER hot!)

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible Tech Support' started by Mitchellpaul, Jan 8, 2011.

1. Mitchellpaul

Mitchellpaul New Member

So this morning I was awoken when I rolled over onto something extremely hot. It took a few seconds for my brain to process it but when I did, I leaped out of my bed in confusion. I felt my phone and it was EXTREMELY hot to the touch. I have a battery indicator (don't know how accurate the temp. gauge is), that told me my phone was 140 degrees! This to me, just doesn't sound normal. Is my phone even suppose to be able to get that hot? Anyone know why this might be? I've felt the phone get hot before, but not to this extent.

P.s. I don't know if it matters, but the phone had only been charging for five hours, starting at about a 50% charge.

Regards,

Mitchellpaul
  2. Backnblack

Backnblack Premium Member Premium Member

If it was charging in your bed with no ventilation it would be very hot to the touch.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  3. Mitchellpaul

Mitchellpaul New Member

Is my phone going to have any problems with it getting this hot? What if the problem persists?
  4. enlightened

enlightened Super Moderator

Search tags for this page

android phone overheating

android phone super hot
android phones overheating
htc incredible 4g overheating
my android is super hot
my phone gets super hot
my phone got super hot
my phone is super hot
overheating android phone