Phone is getting hot in short time.

neemo6

Reaction score
Everytime I use navigation the phone gets extremely hot very fast. Gets extremely hot even when i use wifi tether, watching youtube videos, or playing games. I just installed a temp monitor and started up gmaps and within a minute phone got up to 106*F. And it was lukewarm compared to what it normally gets. This is extremely annoying and dont know what to do if anything. Im overclocked to 800mhz.

Penguissimo

Reaction score
Is this a new issue? Was this a problem before you started overclocking? What kernel are you using?

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Perhaps you should consider changing your SetCPU profile settings.

Mike

OP
neemo6

neemo6

Reaction score
Ive notice it the very first time I used wifi tether which was when I had the sholes mod, now using the droid mod rom. On stock rom I never noticed or not if it got really hot as I only had the stock rom for about a week but didnt use the phone too much.

Reaction score
You should consider switching OC kernels some kernels run cooler than others I suggest either Adamz or Chevy's low voltage kernels. Cuz im now ruining it at 1.2 GHZ I and my phone never passes 35°C/95°F

Hugh Jass

Reaction score
106F isn't anything guys. This phone can handle a lot of heat without issue, you can sustain 120F without it even draining the battery at an accelerated rate. I've hit temps of 160+F. Droid does. :)

Also try the low voltage kernels, they do run considerable cooler.