1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Phone is getting hot in short time.

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by neemo6, Apr 5, 2010.

1. neemo6

neemo6 New Member

Everytime I use navigation the phone gets extremely hot very fast. Gets extremely hot even when i use wifi tether, watching youtube videos, or playing games. I just installed a temp monitor and started up gmaps and within a minute phone got up to 106*F. And it was lukewarm compared to what it normally gets. This is extremely annoying and dont know what to do if anything. Im overclocked to 800mhz.
  2. Penguissimo

Penguissimo New Member

Is this a new issue? Was this a problem before you started overclocking? What kernel are you using?
  3. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

Perhaps you should consider changing your SetCPU profile settings.

Mike
  4. neemo6

neemo6 New Member

Ive notice it the very first time I used wifi tether which was when I had the sholes mod, now using the droid mod rom. On stock rom I never noticed or not if it got really hot as I only had the stock rom for about a week but didnt use the phone too much.
  5. Anarchist310000

Anarchist310000 New Member

You should consider switching OC kernels some kernels run cooler than others I suggest either Adamz or Chevy's low voltage kernels. Cuz im now ruining it at 1.2 GHZ I and my phone never passes 35°C/95°F
  6. Hugh Jass

Hugh Jass Well-Known Member

106F isn't anything guys. This phone can handle a lot of heat without issue, you can sustain 120F without it even draining the battery at an accelerated rate. I've hit temps of 160+F. Droid does. :)

Also try the low voltage kernels, they do run considerable cooler.
  7. neemo6

neemo6 New Member

Can I just use the oc kernel and keep the same rom?