Phone of the future

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought I'd start a thread of what smartphones may eventually be like in the future, everyone can post their thoughts and ideas

The smartphones of the future will
Use GPS to determine when you are turning into your driveway and automatically have your garage door opener start, then turn on both an outside light and inside light so you can see, then it will unlock your front door for you
Then when going inside it will close the garage door and lock both your front door and car doors
It will also have an app to control all the lights in your house wirelessly (like if you go to bed you don't have to go around and turn them off manually), it will also serve as an all in one remote for your tv, stereo, pc and anything else that uses a remote
When going to a store it will use GPS and maps to determine you are at a store and pull up your grocery list and a calculator, and it will also replace your credit/debit cards by using something similar to Google wallet

You get the idea, so post what you think smartphones of the future will be like or what you would like them to be like

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Yep, this will be an interesting thread. I am liking your ideas for the start.

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Jarvis from Iron Man the movie. 'Nuff said. ;)

Sent from my 3rd reincarnation of the ever-so-lovable Droid

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
While on road trips it will tell you IRT about accidents or heavy patrols by cops between you and your destination and the surrounding areas. Without having to interact with it.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
It'll be something like the google goggles. A lightweight headset, hands free, voice activated, and/or eye recognition.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Surgically implanted and tied directly to the cerebral cortex. No need for heads-up display, no keyboard or mouse, no touch screen, no batteries (it runs on the electrical impulses of your central nervous system), no headphones, it becomes a part of you and you, a part of it. There's no CPU, it uses the 90% of your brain that is currently not being used to create the most powerful super-computer ever imagined.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

cobravnm13

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note 9
Surgically implanted and tied directly to the cerebral cortex. No need for heads-up display, no keyboard or mouse, no touch screen, no batteries (it runs on the electrical impulses of your central nervous system), no headphones, it becomes a part of you and you, a part of it. There's no CPU, it uses the 90% of your brain that is currently not being used to create the most powerful super-computer ever imagined.

Oh gosh, Terminator and Universal Soldier here we come.

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79

I see this leading to the zombie apocalypse ......that'll fry everyones brain, then they just run on internet impulses..... :what:

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+

And it rings in at a subsidized price of $400,000 :blink:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Japan has already experimented with a device called the bone phone... it was implanted into the persons head... back about 4 years ago...

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Japan has already experimented with a device called the bone phone... it was implanted into the persons head... back about 4 years ago...

Swappa: For sale, used bone phone. Decent condition with only small amounts of scalp, hair and brain matter. :D

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
ROFLOL! Yeah, but it's not really that far-fetched. We have cochlear implants for sound, we have experimental prosthetic eyes giving very limited vision, and we have electronic muscle stimulation giving paralyzed legs the ability to walk under their own power. It's only a matter of time before we truly crack the power of the brain and the electrochemical processes it holds locked in its gray matter.

We already have OLEDs which are bridging the gap between solid state and organic.

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
True^^ but the bone phone was very real... I wouldn't have done it lol..

you want to put what in my what???? And what happens if I want to switch service??
:thumbdown::eek::banghead: