What's 1 NEW or IMPROVED feature you'd like to see added to a phone

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
Perfect example, when I want to "share" a picture from gallery there are only 3 places I may share it. Gmail, Email, or Textra... Why are they always in alphabetical order and I have to scroll down to find what I want... Why not give me the option to add what I want to the top row OR just put the most common/recently used apps in the top row....
Back in the Gingerbread / ICS/RAZR Maxx days, the frequently used share choices would automatically go up in the share list.

Scheduled email and texting......
Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Scheduled texts?
I use Vzw Messaging+ and it has that.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Also agree about front firing speakers. I was so happy to finally get that on my Moto. No more cupping the hand around the back of the phone so others can hear it.

I simply want true restore capabilities from the cloud like iPhones work with iTunes. FDR a phone. Login. Wait. Pick any apps you DON'T want restored. Wait. WHAM...all your apps are installed already logged back in. It's getting better with Google Smart Lock and L but still not where I feel it needs to be.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Also agree about front firing speakers. I was so happy to finally get that on my Moto. No more cupping the hand around the back of the phone so others can hear it.

I simply want true restore capabilities from the cloud like iPhones work with iTunes. FDR a phone. Login. Wait. Pick any apps you DON'T want restored. Wait. WHAM...all your apps are installed already logged back in. It's getting better with Google Smart Lock and L but still not where I feel it needs to be.
It's better on marshmallow than lollipop. I feel like they're headed in the right direction with the restore capability.

Sent from my Note 4

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
With the many issues that happen to only a percentage of users when upgrading Android, I can only assume that it has something to do with the "overlay" process.
I think most PC users prefer to format and do a clean install of the OS, so why don't they give us the same options on our Android devices?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
I meant M, not L. It is a lot better. It's close. Especially if you let Goog remember your passwords. But it still falls short of the long and cumbersome, but ultimately, extremely effective, iTunes iPhone method.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I meant M, not L. It is a lot better. It's close. Especially if you let Goog remember your passwords. But it still falls short of the long and cumbersome, but ultimately, extremely effective, iTunes iPhone method.

Can't say that I've ever reset an iPhone, but I know we've come a long way.

Back in my ROM switching days, prior to Titanium Backup or similar, I used to write out a list of apps to reinstall after flashing something new. Now, at least they get downloaded for me.

Sent from my Note 4

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Connect iPhone. Backup. Wait and wait. Transfer apps. Reset or grab new iPhone. Connect. Restore. Wait. It's done perfectly.