Top 10 Droid Features to Improve

Discussion in 'Android Tech Support' started by ibewhoiam, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Danthok

Danthok Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would really like an easy intuitive way to see all apps open and cycle through them or close them if I am done. I have the advanced app killer but it could be so much better. There may already be an app for this, if there is let me know please!

2. tablatronix

tablatronix New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Cannot filter contacts by category/group

Cannot access contacts alphabetically via letter filter or jump (unless you open the physical kb) No rolodex slide for real ?

Email checking doesnt work properly, fails to check email and or notify.

Button backlights are annoying, they have no brightness control or auto adjustments, they blind you at night if your watching video for example.

Screen sensitivity is not normalized across all apps. OSK is way too sensitive, dialer not as much. UI, I press things they turn orange and sometimes even haptic feedback but never perform their operation, something is majorly wrong with button debouncing.

The phone has all kind of sensors, so then if im holding the phone why is it sleeping when I read a web page? Giving skreeble a try soon to see if I can fix this.

Home buttons are way to sensitive, I press them all the time simply putting my phone down, especially the damn search one.

Camera autofocus, dont even get me started.

I dont see a way to change the phone lock timeout or change it to manual, I hate having to always unlock my phone when its sitting on my desk. Prefer it be binded to the sleep power button for manual locking.

Market still sucks, cant filter searches by costs, dates, vendor. There ARE some special google search params built in, I just cant figure them out.

Home portrait mode wastes icon space by keeping the layout the same for landscape, this is great for consistancy of where your icons are (4x4), but Id rather have more icons and be able to reorganize each mode individually. (6x4)(4x6) maybe

3. keiichi25

keiichi25 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, there is a Corporate Directory app, provided by Motorola to fill in for the problem. While it is a bit annoying that you will need to look up people you want, it does have the option of adding them to your contacts without having to manually enter them in.

4. bdbantz

bdbantz New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does everyone's screen undulate while working on apps?
    My speaker is so low that I cannot put the phone down to make notes, is there a fix?
    Font sizing is important.
    My key board seems to not have a standard for illuminating, on during day, no light during dark periods--if I could find the sensor, I could cover it.

5. sir

sir Member

Ratings:
    +2
    I have the app, but it doesn't solve my problem...

If I'm in my corporate email and I attempt to write an email, it won't automatically search my corporate contacts for a match. The only solution is to use the corporate contacts app to add everyone in the company manually (50 people...), and I don't contact 90% of them outside of work using anything other than email. And I don't think there's an easy way for you to remove them from your contacts in one shot if you wanted to get them out.

6. sir

sir Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Just figured out how to get Corporate Contacts to sync.

It's super dirty - but I just added the people from the GAL that I wanted into my personal contacts in Outlook and they synced over.

Something I'm sort of annoyed about...when you write an email it attempts to use any and every friend you have on Facebook, even if you tell it to only sync the people in your contact list.

Guess I'll have to go through Facebook and start mowing the weeds!

7. smolander

smolander New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    ibewhoiam .... as another exchange "power user" I agree with each of your recommended changes. When it comes to email, I am missing my Winmoble 6.0 device for the way it mirrors the way I use outlook on my desktop.

8. smolander

smolander New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Another feature needed if this is going to be accepted by the corporate community. Good catch!

9. wildrage

wildrage Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If you hold down the 'Home' key, a box much like the one you see in Windows when you push ALT-TAB comes up, which shows you all running application, and allows you to switch to them (I found this out by mistake). You can't however kill the tasks from there.

10. VitsDroid

VitsDroid Member

Ratings:
    +0
    good point, I really do prefer the drawing compared to password as I had on my BB Tour, its way faster and still very secure.

11. lrisley

lrisley New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No hibernation while in the car dock

Maybe my Droid is broke cause I don't understand how something this logical could escape them.
    When I put the droid into the car dock it brings up the car interface (which seems cool) but if you use navigation or maps, The screen hibernates (default 60 seconds I think) which just does not make sense if your driving down the street. It ought to at least be a settings option for the car interface.

12. lrisley

lrisley New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Where is the car dock power chord???

For what could be a really cool accessory, it becomes just ok since it does not have power plug with it.

Search tags for this page

exchange by touchdown key crack

how to improve your droid x

wa y of improving my android camera