Phone freezing when I try using the voice commands

josel545

Reaction score
Alright well idk if im the only one who's having this problem but when I try using my voice commands my phone freezes. Is this something happening to other people or what?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

pool_shark

Reaction score
I've used voice commands almost every day since I got the phone in August, I've never had a problem.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Alright well idk if im the only one who's having this problem but when I try using my voice commands my phone freezes. Is this something happening to other people or what?

Nope, confused yes freezing no. Are you saying you have to pull the battery out to get the D2 running again? If that's so, that is an issue that can be dealt with.

First remove any task killers you may have or antivirus protection. If that doesn't fix it or if you aren't running those things anyway then you probably should do a Factory Data Reset out of your privacy section. It will mean a loss of data and any free apps you have downloaded, but it should fix the issue.

Did this start up after the recent OTA update? That could be the reason you are having this issue. In any event give it a try. Droid does not freeze up from voice commands unless something is wrong. If it continues to do this after the Factory Data Reset then take the Droid back and get another one.

solar

Reaction score
I have a similar issue, though it doesn't freeze completely. When I lauch voice commands, it takes about 30 to 45 seconds before it prompts me to speak. Its I do it again within a few minutes it doesn' take that long, but if I wait any normal amount o time, say an hour later, and try again, it will then take the 30-45 secs to work. I saw a thread about this some time back, but I don't recall it having a resolution. possibly a factory reset would help, but I haven't bothered to try it yet.

OP
J

josel545

Reaction score
I don't have any task killers running at this time or antivirus protection and it'll just freeze completely almost like 75 percent of the time. And I did a factory reset when I got this phone. So far im not satisfied with how my d2 is workin. This is the second one in less then 3 months I've had issues with:/ idk if its just that I keep getting the crappy ones or something but both have given me trouble.

solar

Reaction score
I like mine for the most part. though issues like this are really annoying. The D1 was a LOT more stable, but i'm still glad I upgraded, if for nothing other then the extra on board user/RAM memory and processor speed.