Phone can only go into Bootloader and has low battery.Help unbrick?

rootnoob

Reaction score
can only go into Bootloader.Help unbrick?URGENT!

:frown::angry:I tried flashing cyanogenmod 10.1 rc3 on the stock rom spot in safestrap.The result was a boot loop.So I went into the wipe section and did system wipe.I know I messed up.I need a solution quick.

Last edited:

GigaJake

Reaction score
If you run out of battery on a phone with no OS you will need to either sacrifice a usb cable to manually charge the non-removeable battery of the D4 or buy a "motorola factory cable" that allows flashing without a battery.

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

OP
rootnoob

rootnoob

Reaction score
What do you mean sacrifice usb cable to charge battery manually?

GigaJake

Reaction score
Cut off the micro-usb end of your phone's cable, strip the wires on the black and red wires and use the copper endings to manually touch the positive and negative terminals on your phones battery to manually charge it.

Did it once before, definitely not fun.

OP
rootnoob

rootnoob

Reaction score
Cut off the micro-usb end of your phone's cable, strip the wires on the black and red wires and use the copper endings to manually touch the positive and negative terminals on your phones battery to manually charge it.

Did it once before, definitely not fun.

I have it pluged into a wall outlet via cable and adapter that came with the phone and have it pluged in over night.Will it be fine to flash it back to normal via RSD Lite?

GigaJake

Reaction score
No, if all you can access is the fastboot screen you won't be able to charge. Fastboot mode does not support charging.

OP
rootnoob

rootnoob

Reaction score
If you run out of battery on a phone with no OS you will need to either sacrifice a usb cable to manually charge the non-removeable battery of the D4 or buy a "motorola factory cable" that allows flashing without a battery.

Can I use this:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fastboot-Motorola-Factory-Cable-Unbrick-Droid-Xoom-Fire-Ships-from-Calif/151002724307?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=005&category=123422&cmd=ViewItem to flash my phone back to normal with RSD Lite?

GigaJake

Reaction score
The cable from the first link you provided looks like what you need. Your second link doesn't work so I couldn't tell you.

OP
rootnoob

rootnoob

Reaction score
The cable from the first link you provided looks like what you need. Your second link doesn't work so I couldn't tell you.

both links are the same.Now I need to know what stuff to flash in fastboot mode if I was using this rom:Droid4eclipse rom

GigaJake

Reaction score
All Droid 4 sbf's can be found here:
http://sbf.droid-developers.org/cdma_maserati/list.php

The official Jellybean OTA corresponds to the Feb 4.1.2 file, but if you're still on ICS feel free to flash that. Do NOT try to flash ICS if you already upgraded to Jellybean.

I just didn't know if you were running the ICS or JB version of Eclipse.

OP
rootnoob

rootnoob

Reaction score
All Droid 4 sbf's can be found here:
Droid-Developers SBF

The official Jellybean OTA corresponds to the Feb 4.1.2 file, but if you're still on ICS feel free to flash that. Do NOT try to flash ICS if you already upgraded to Jellybean.

I just didn't know if you were running the ICS or JB version of Eclipse.

the android version was 4.1 or up.