Phone acting up all of the sudden

megraven21

Reaction score
I've had my note 2 since it was first released in November and I've loved ever minute of it. Coming from a razr maxx, I felt like I was in heaven but recently I've been getting a little annoyed. This will be a long post but I want to give as much detail as possible in hopes to not have to factory reset.

My sound isn't working half the time, system sounds mostly but not exclusively. Right now, none of my system sounds are working like when I hit the soft keys or even while I'm typing right now, nothing. Earlier today I noticed I had missed phone calls and texts while the phone was sitting right next to me so I looked at my volumes. The notification volume was turned all the way down, which I never do, and I couldn't get the volume to move when I tried turning it up. The others moved but not that one. I had to restart the phone. After that I played angry birds and in the middle of the game the screen wouldn't move so I tried backing out and nothing happened. Sound from the game was coming out and the birds were jumping but everything else seemed frozen. After about 60 seconds, it started catching up to my hitting the back key multiple times and eventually backed out. My soft keys aren't lighting up hardly at all anymore, I could go on. These aren't major things necessarily but obviously something is wrong with the phone. I am on the road everyday for work, driving to and from multiple places so my phone is a necessity to stay in business. I'm tempted to do a factory reset but would prefer not to. Anyone have this happen to them? Or have any ideas?

rdgxray

Reaction score
Sounds like your phone has hardware issues. Probably take it to Verizon for a refurbished replacement.

sent from my Note 2 using taptalk

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
At this stage, it would hurt to see if a factory reset solve your problems since you would probably want to do one before getting an exchange anyway. But it does sound like hardware.

rumblee1

Reaction score
I had 2 issues within the past week. First, i installed the upgrade to the Google play music app. BIG MISTAKE. Every 10 seconds or so, i got a message saying Google music has stopped suddenly. I finally stopped the app, and uninstalled the upgrade. Then yesterday, my phone wouldnt connect to the Google play store. After trying just about everything on my own including uninstalling and reinstalling, i had to spend an hour on the phone with Verizon and finally had to do a factory reset much to my disappointment. But it worked. I can now go into the play store again BUT, had to uninstall the Google music update because it was giving me the same message every few minutes. Of course, getting help from Google was impossible. Check this, read this, do that, try this. Are you kidding? Im keeping Google music shut down. Its bogus.

rumblee1

Reaction score
Just want to add that the customer service tech @ Verizon was superb and patient. A factory reset jis always your last resort. And she tried everything prior to that. But a reset was needed. I only wish I could talk to someone at Google to inform them of the problem. Even though I sent the info, who knows if they really pay any attention.

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
There are pros and cons to having an open operating system. The fact that there are so many different hardware platforms and versions of Android in use at any point in time makes it impossible for Google or the developers to test all the various configurations. Most of the problems stem from poorly designed apps or conflicts between them. Google would be unlikely to be much help as they probably wouldn't be able to identify the reason for problem you had either.