Soft keys not working at all

AXEKICK2YODOME

Reaction score
So yea my soft keys dont work anymore. I've tried the reset with the power button and down volume many times and nothing...Is there another way to fix my soft keys or do I have to take it back to a corporate store D:

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So yea my soft keys dont work anymore. I've tried the reset with the power button and down volume many times and nothing...Is there another way to fix my soft keys or do I have to take it back to a corporate store D:

If reset doesn't fix it, it could still be a soft problem. Do you have any apps installed other than the stock apps, and if so - any that are related to button selection, typing, texting, etc.? Try uninstalling apps that you have installed and then reboots to see if that resolves the problem. Otherwise, the last resort before replacement is a hard reset (settings, Privacy settings, Factory data reset). Just be careful when hard resetting to not accidently check the boxes to wipe data on the "internal storage (media area)", or your "SD card" or you will loose all personal information as well (unless of course you intended to do so).

Good luck.

Last edited:
OP
A

AXEKICK2YODOME

Reaction score
thx for the reply and yes I had a few apps installed but the keys stopped working after i turned my phone off and back on(i heard that was good for it every once in a while). After about 20 soft resets the last one worked...I have no idea if this has anything to do with it but I had my phone under a bright light this time o_O

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
thx for the reply and yes I had a few apps installed but the keys stopped working after i turned my phone off and back on(i heard that was good for it every once in a while). After about 20 soft resets the last one worked...I have no idea if this has anything to do with it but I had my phone under a bright light this time o_O

The light shouldn't have anything to do with the keys working, but may affect whether they are lighted or not. Soft resets fixing the problem after 20 attempts points to an app that's interfering. If it were an operating system problem or a hardware problem the problem would likely never go away. The only other possibility I can think of is that you have a loose connection on one of the ribbon connectors for the digitizer where it attaches to the motherboard. With flexing of the phone being somewhat of an issue, it's entirely possible that your phone has been flexed beyond a point and it has loosened one of the connectors to the point where it's now intermittent. The fact that upwards of 20 resets having no effect and then one that did says something changed between all the other resets and the one that worked. The possibility is that repeated handling of the phone to reset it caused the connector to re-seat itself and make the connection to the motherboard again.

OP
A

AXEKICK2YODOME

Reaction score
O ok so it sounds like it could happen again :( if it does I'll just have to take it back (again)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
O ok so it sounds like it could happen again :( if it does I'll just have to take it back (again)

Before giving up I'd try a factory reset.