Hanging with friends sound problem

DROID11

Reaction score
I turn the sounds on hanging with friends all the way down because they're obnoxious. The problem is when I do this it turns down the media volume over the whole phone. If I turn media up to listen to music, I'll go back in to hanging and the sounds are back on. If I go into settings, though, it will show volume is on mute for sounds and music. I will turn the volume on the game up then down again and its back on mute, but the media volume for everything else is as well. I've deleted and downloaded the game again and its still doing it. Any help?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

joggy

Reaction score
It's obnoxious indeed I totally agree. It has been this way since their last update. Prior to that the sound settings worked as you might imagine and you could mute the in game sounds by lowering both volume bars in the settings. Since that update it functions as you point out above.

Hopefully they can address this in an update....maybe a dedicated mute option?

OP
D

DROID11

Reaction score
It's obnoxious indeed I totally agree. It has been this way since their last update. Prior to that the sound settings worked as you might imagine and you could mute the in game sounds by lowering both volume bars in the settings. Since that update it functions as you point out above.

Hopefully they can address this in an update....maybe a dedicated mute option?

Glad I'm not the only one, but its frustrating especially when I'm trying to play games at work ;)

mrobinwood

Reaction score
I turn the sounds on hanging with friends all the way down because they're obnoxious. The problem is when I do this it turns down the media volume over the whole phone. If I turn media up to listen to music, I'll go back in to hanging and the sounds are back on. If I go into settings, though, it will show volume is on mute for sounds and music. I will turn the volume on the game up then down again and its back on mute, but the media volume for everything else is as well. I've deleted and downloaded the game again and its still doing it. Any help?

So glad to know it's not just me! It's driving me crazy! I have all the sound bars turned off, but the only way to mute it is on turn off the sound to the phone completely. Annoying as all get out!

lennyjaxn

Reaction score
Here was the amazingly inaccurate and unhelpful reply I received from Zynga support when I reported this issue:

Thank you for contacting Zynga With Friends Customer Support.

This is Armee and I understand you have a concern with the in-game volume control.

There is currently no sound setting located inside of the game. The sound setting for the game can be turned on or off by changing the Notifications setting for the game on your device's Settings panel.

You can do this from your device's Home screen by pressing the Settings icon and then entering into Notifications. Press the name of the game that you want to modify sounds for. You will want to modify both the Sounds setting and Alerts setting. Badges refers to the number that will appear on the game's icon when it is your turn to make a move, these do not make any sound.

If you only want to decrease/increase the sound of the game, you can do this by using the volume buttons on the side of the device. At this time, game sound depends on ringer/main volume of the device. There is currently no feature that allows the game's volume to be modified independent of the ringer/main volume setting. There are plans to have volume controls in the game in a future release, since many customers suggested this feature.

We hope this resolves this issue. If you need more assistance, please contact us again so we can assist you.

Thank you for playing!

Kind regards,
Armee
Zynga With Friends Customer Support

mrobinwood

Reaction score
In response to my report, I got:

"Hello Heather, my name is Richard and I am here to help with your ingame concerns. I understand that your notifications in your android device recently malfunctioned. Please try removing and reinstalling the Application to refresh the copy on your device.
To uninstall on Android devices, uninstall from the Settings > Manage Applications menu:
-Restart your device after uninstalling the application
-Install the application after restarting your device (*note* you will not be charged twice if you have paid for the app)
We are working to improve and provide the notifications menu in the game. We hope to have this added soon.
If you are still having issues with notifications not appearing, please provide us with your type of device (What kind of phone/tablet you are using) and the version of Android you are using (found in Settings > About).
Please let us know if we can be of further assistance with this matter.
Thank you for playing Zynga With Friends games!"

I responded back with a screen shot and this:

"Hi Richard -
It's not the notifications, that's the problem, it's the in game sounds. Even with the sound bars set at off, the game still makes noise while playing. The only way to get it to not make noise while playing is turn the volume off on the phone - not an acceptable option. I need to know when I get a text, email, phone call, my driving directions, etc. I, and numerous others that I have spoken to have tried the uninstall / reinstall with no luck. I have a Galaxy IIs, others have a Razr, Nexuus, etc. so it doesn't appear to be phone related (other than they are all Android operating systems), but rather game related.
As I said in my earlier message, the mute volume worked fine until the most recent update."

His response back:

"Thanks for getting back to me Heather, and I do apologize for the confusion. I understand that you are having issues disabling the sounds for the game Hanging with Friends despite reducing the sound bars to the lowest level. We appreciate all of our players' ideas, suggestions, and bug reports for the game. This has been recorded in our system and flagged for the developers to discuss and review.
Thanks again for the information and for playing Zynga With Friends games!"

and

"Thanks for getting back to me Heather, and for providing a screenshot of the said issue. I have also included the screenshot you have provided in the report sent to the developers. Rest assured that we will keep on pushing to have this feature remedied on a future update to the game.Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated"

I say keep emailing them!:icon_ devil: