Droid RAZR M has been acting up, now it won't turn on?

Cass33

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid RAZR M
I have had my M for nearly a year with no issues. I just moved, and now when it gets hot outside, the phone will get really hot. If I don't shut it off and put it away, it often turns off and back on. Sometimes it does this whether it's hot or not. It was slow today, so I shut out off and turned it back on, but it's stuck on the startup screen. The laser keeps shining and the wheels keep moving, but nothing. I've held the power button, but that does nothing, so I'll hit the power and the volume, that'll reset it, but it just goes back to the start up screen. I'm just waiting for it to die right now, nothing else I can do, but I love this phone, I don't want it to die... :(

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Have you tried to get into the Recovery menu? Once there , there are options for reboot, Clear Cache, Factory Reset, etc. With the phone off > hold down volume up & volume down together. Then press and hold Power. Once the phone boots release buttons. Use volume down to highlight Recovery and volume up to select. You have to be quick in that step! When you see Andy on his back > hold volume up and press & release power. In Recovery use volume down to select Clear Cache and power button to select. The phone will clear tell files and then reboot. It might boot up normally.

OP
C

Cass33

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid RAZR M
[Q="sajokaz, post: 2539073, member: 327984"]Have you tried to get into the Recovery menu? Once there , there are options for reboot, Clear Cache, Factory Reset, etc. With the phone off > hold down volume up & volume down together. Then press and hold Power. Once the phone boots release buttons. Use volume down to highlight Recovery and volume up to select. You have to be quick in that step! When you see Andy on his back > hold volume up and press & release power. In Recovery use volume down to select Clear Cache and power button to select. The phone will clear tell files and then reboot. It might boot up normally.[/QUOTE]
I can't get into any menu, I turned it off, went to turn it back on, and it's stuck on the laser bit. I hit the volume and the power, it restarts, and it sticks on the laser. No options, no buttons, and I can't simply turn it off. I'm waiting for it to die right now, there is nothing else I can do.

OP
C

Cass33

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid RAZR M
The screen.

I've let it die, it doesn't change.

Attachments

• IMG_20140708_143730_595.jpg
    IMG_20140708_143730_595.jpg
    473.8 KB · Views: 293

mrpontiac

Reaction score
Mine just started doing the same thing. But I can get into the recovery screen and cleared cache but that did not do anything still stuck when it boots.

Last edited: