Perhaps a Forum name change?

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
True I did have a d1 for quite some time and loved it. The debate over pure Google is an interesting one. It did have an unlocked bootloader and was a dev's dream. Also there were no manufacturer installed uis which was nice.
The non-Google part I assume people would refer to was the preloaded software you couldn't get rid of without root. Curse you Amazon MP3! (the original reason for me rooting, darn thing always ran in the background and I couldn't uninstall it...)
Pure or not it was a great phone and the most hacked one I've had to date.

Sent From a Tear in the Space/Time Continuum...

Agreed, Amazon MP3 was a pain, but compared to locked bootloaders, locked UI's, and BING lockdowns... D1 is money

Sent from my Bugless Droid using DroidForums

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah, pure google was the wrong term to use. Just plain google would have been better.

And yes, the OG is the only "pure" google device Verizon has ever allowed. Lets hope that changes with the Prime.

Reaction score
Agreed, Amazon MP3 was a pain, but compared to locked bootloaders, locked UI's, and BING lockdowns... D1 is money

Funny that some hate having Amazon mp3, that is by far my favorite and most used app. I am a big music listener and being able to but songs straight from my phone and keep music sites in a cloud for streaming access on any device is awesome.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
Funny that some hate having Amazon mp3, that is by far my favorite and most used app. I am a big music listener and being able to but songs straight from my phone and keep music sites in a cloud for streaming access on any device is awesome.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

It's not that I hate having the app, it's that I hate having the app run constantly for no good reason.

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
Amazon mp3 sucks when you can get the music for free.

While I don't appreciate the way the music industry rapes people, they don't steal from me, so I'm not about to steal from them. Spotify fills the void for bands that only have a few songs I like, while amazon has good pricing for whole albums of awesome from my favorite bands. The cloud player is awesome, I still prefer having a local copy, but having a backup like that gives me piece of mind.

jleeusa

Reaction score
Yeah, pure google was the wrong term to use. Just plain google would have been better.

And yes, the OG is the only "pure" google device Verizon has ever allowed. Lets hope that changes with the Prime.

How is that? Has blur and bloatware. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't "pure" be without or not much bloat andno custom UI?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

mamawm

Reaction score
How is that? Has blur and bloatware. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't "pure" be without or not much bloat andno custom UI?

You have now been corrected, the original Droid was blur free and had very little bloatware. The first motorola Android device with blur on Verizon was the devour.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OriginalDroid

Reaction score

First, thank mamawm for making this gentle, then go touch a droid x2 or d3, sad you own a OG and don't know it's blur free.

jleeusa

Reaction score
Its been rooted practically from day one. To be honest I dont really remember back and as I typed my reply it went from a statement to a question.

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
I thought the latest name was the Galaxy Nexus? I had heard that Sammy said they never called it the prime that was a name made up by rumors... =P
This phone should have been in an Indiana Jones movie, it's so powerful and vague. ;)

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I thought the latest name was the Galaxy Nexus? I had heard that Sammy said they never called it the prime that was a name made up by rumors... =P
This phone should have been in an Indiana Jones movie, it's so powerful and vague. ;)

If I remember correctly, that rumor came out of the 4Chan leak... if that tells you anything...