Samsung Nexus/Droid Prime Gets Bluetooth Cert; Device has a CDMA Radio

Reaction score
I'm just amazed how fast the Prime is blowing through the design and FCC. I have high hopes to see this on the market by November.

cirtbrethren

Reaction score
With my D1 pretty much unusable (unable to unlock phone because the left side of the screen is unresponsive) since early July, I don't think I can wait much longer. I can always reactivate my LG Voyager to hold me over until October, but I'm not sure that's a much better option. Plus I like Moto phones, I hear the battery life should be better than anything Samsung or Htc releases, and unless the screen is really that bad, I like the idea of it looking good in daylight. We'll see.

If you were grandfathered into the unlimited plan, and activate your Voyager, you will lose your unlimited plan, as it is not a smartphone. I almost made that mistake. Try putting MIUI rom on your D1, it doesn't use the left-right swipe to unlock, just a down swipe.

Hoping my D1 holds out until the Nexus Prime is here.

magdream

Reaction score
If you were grandfathered into the unlimited plan, and activate your Voyager, you will lose your unlimited plan, as it is not a smartphone. I almost made that mistake. Try putting MIUI rom on your D1, it doesn't use the left-right swipe to unlock, just a down swipe.

Thanks. Can I get the rom w/o unlocking the phone?

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P

Actually, this isn't totally true. My wifes OG Droid stopped working a couple of months or so ago. This happened on a Friday, I called in for a replacement, which we wouldn't receive til the following Tuesday. That was unacceptable, they offered an early upgrade (4 months early) but there was nothing out she wanted. So they noted this to the account and activated her old Voyager, when the replacement came they reverted the account back to unlimited. As hard as it may be to believe, Verizon isn't some ruthless company un-willing to work with you.

cirtbrethren

Reaction score
Actually, this isn't totally true. My wifes OG Droid stopped working a couple of months or so ago. This happened on a Friday, I called in for a replacement, which we wouldn't receive til the following Tuesday. That was unacceptable, they offered an early upgrade (4 months early) but there was nothing out she wanted. So they noted this to the account and activated her old Voyager, when the replacement came they reverted the account back to unlimited. As hard as it may be to believe, Verizon isn't some ruthless company un-willing to work with you.

Well, I guess it depends who you get on the phone. The girl I got told me that I would lose unlimited. Good to hear you didn't lose it.

psychicdroid

Reaction score
I'm still getting the bionic. My looks brand new D1, never been dropped, not a scratch on it, decided that the touchscreen would just up and die on me for no reason. So I'm not sure I can wait until Sept 8th let alone Oct for a phone.

magdream

Reaction score
I'm still getting the bionic. My looks brand new D1, never been dropped, not a scratch on it, decided that the touchscreen would just up and die on me for no reason. So I'm not sure I can wait until Sept 8th let alone Oct for a phone.

I'm kinda leaning in that direction too. If I decide on the bionic, I'll wait a couple of days to see what reviews say, along with trying it at a store. Maybe by then we'll have more concrete details on the prime, vigor and rev2. Did I mention I'm holding my breath?

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Prime, when this phone comes out, they should just give it to you. Clearly it was made for you...

I definitely wouldn't be upset, I think it's about time for a new device I can develop kernels for.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
^ So how do you change a kernal in an unlocked phone? Is it a flash in recovery type of deal?

smokiedabong

Reaction score
I am waiting for a dual core Samsung SUPER AMOLED to make it's way to VZ since last year when I saw the one in Korea , that's ONE FREAKING YEAR , at this point I'll grab any dual core SUPER AMOLED phone to make it's way to VZ . What the hell was wrong with the S2 ? Why can the rest of the world have it and not VZ ? :mad:

texstar420

Reaction score
With the Prime and Vigor possibly coming to Verizon in October, who here still actually wants the Bionic?
Well as much as I don't want to wait anymore, I have been waiting since July 24 and I might as well get the phone with the best, latest and greatest tech. Even if it means waiting another couple of months.

Motorola really bit the big one on this one. In my mind they took too long to make the Bionic as good as it can be and then released it right when more powerful phones are coming out. They shoot themselves in the foot.

Who thinks that they will loose more money on sales of this phone because others will wait?