Perhaps a Forum name change?

Reaction score
[h=3]P3Droid[/h] THE PRIME IS NOT, IS NOT, A droid branded phone. Nexus devices have never been branded as such. What I saw does not mention Droid anywere in the naming. ..Samsung legal don't hurt me, I'm trying to help.

a tweet from p3 droid.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
lol, Ya we are going to have to see how this plays out. I think everyone agrees the "Prime" is coming, so maybe we'll rename it to Samsung Prime for now.

Vashi

Reaction score
P3Droid

THE PRIME IS NOT, IS NOT, A droid branded phone. Nexus devices have never been branded as such. What I saw does not mention Droid anywere in the naming. ..Samsung legal don't hurt me, I'm trying to help.

a tweet from p3 droid.

Where did you read about the Droid Prime then?
This has Droid Prime written all over it.

It's probably going to end up being called both though, Droid Prime for Verizon, Nexus Prime for everyone else... after Verizon already has it. The reason for the name change is probably quite obvious, 2 reasons.
1. Droid branding will probably make it sell more.
2. It won't be a true Nexus device then so they get to at least.... bing it.. if not also stuff it with bloatware.

I'm not saying it's not possible that Nexus Prime with a pure Google OS is coming to Verizon, but odds are, if it's coming to Verizon, it'll be Droid Prime with a bare minimum of Bing with a good possibility of bloatware.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

It's probably going to end up being called both though, Droid Prime for Verizon, Nexus Prime for everyone else... after Verizon already has it. The reason for the name change is probably quite obvious, 2 reasons.
2. It won't be a true Nexus device then so they get to at least.... bing it.. if not also stuff it with bloatware.

I'm not saying it's not possible that Nexus Prime with a pure Google OS is coming to Verizon, but odds are, if it's coming to Verizon, it'll be Droid Prime with a bare minimum of Bing with a good possibility of bloatware.

If its a nexus or nexus like device then it will be google . Because if a device is pumped up to be nexus like but is binged, locked, and bloated then vzw might as well released it as a samsung fascinate 2 because the crowd that the nexus is meant to appeal to will not be buying that device.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score

Hater. Samsung and Verizon must have left a bad taste in your mouth. Have faith, this device will be everything we hope it's going to be.

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552
I agree with the OP and P3Droid. Everyone just attaches the Droid name to everything. Anyone ever hear of the Droid Eris, or the Droid Ally? They don't exist, but people talk about them that way all the time. Still doesn't make them a Droid.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I agree with the OP and P3Droid. Everyone just attaches the Droid name to everything. Anyone ever hear of the Droid Eris, or the Droid Ally? They don't exist, but people talk about them that way all the time. Still doesn't make them a Droid.

I don't think that's the issue here. There's word going around that the Prime will actually be branded as a "Droid" device, as opposed to a "Nexus" device. The op isn't setting the record straight for people who just happen to call this a "Droid", he setting the record straight, saying the rumor is wrong and it will not be branded by Verizon as a "Droid" device. Not to nitpick, but the Eris was a "Droid."

My honest opinion is that the rumor is incorrect and this will finally be Verizon's first Nexus phone.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

not a 100% but pretty close to sure the eris did come out with Droid branding..ALLY did not ..

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
It is the Droid Eris. The Ally wasn't but should have been. Verizon apparently hates LG branded Android phones. The Revolution isn't Droid branded either.

random rom'd X

Vashi

Reaction score
If its a nexus or nexus like device then it will be google . Because if a device is pumped up to be nexus like but is binged, locked, and bloated then vzw might as well released it as a samsung fascinate 2 because the crowd that the nexus is meant to appeal to will not be buying that device.

Obviously if it's coming to Verizon and it's branded Nexus then it's going to just be a non-tampered with OS, no doubt in my mind about that. Also, nothing I said even hinted otherwise, if I did, please point it out to me.

Hater. Samsung and Verizon must have left a bad taste in your mouth. Have faith, this device will be everything we hope it's going to be.

Hater? Please. Samsung is my favorite brand of well... everything, but regarding phones, they make amazing hardware phones, I was excited to get the Galaxy SII, but I'm now happy to be getting Droid (Nexus) Prime on Verizon. As for Verizon, I'm being realistic. If you want to go into the corner, cover your eyes and ears, and chant "VerizonwillnotbloatthisphoneVerizonwillnotbloatthisphone," then go ahead, but nothing in Verizon's history points towards them actually not bloating this phone and getting away with it by calling it Droid Prime instead.

Look, I am definitely not saying it's not possible that Nexus Prime can come to Verizon (Bloatware free of course), but again, I'm just being realistic here and I am seeing Droid Prime coming to Verizon with a possibility of Bing if not more. Honestly though I couldn't care less (Yes, I used that phrase properly unlike the majority of the U.S.) if Droid Prime comes to Verizon Binged and full of Bloatware, because as soon as CyanogenMod comes out with an ICS version for this phone, it'll be on there ASAP.

mamawm

Reaction score
none of the droid branded phones have ever had bing. unfortunately, the other verizon androids do.

Vashi

Reaction score
none of the droid branded phones have ever had bing. unfortunately, the other verizon androids do.

I am mistaken then, thank you for pointing that out, I suppose the odds of it having Bing now are Slim to none.

sbenson

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am mistaken then, thank you for pointing that out, I suppose the odds of it having Bing now are Slim to none.

Yeah, if history holds true, then there's no chance Bing will be present. Hope for the Nexus, settle for a Droid. Could be worse, right? This thing will easily be cracked (no need to worry about bootloader and bloat) and will be "THE" developer phone.

Vito.a

Reaction score
I am not sure I care about the name. What matters most is the hardware and software.
Also, I am seeing the Samsung Charge now being advertised as the Droid Charge.