Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Can you confirm this?
60b7b5789ac2dc65c1f915e666be9961

{{ WugFresh }}

jseah

Reaction score
when you have pdanet open on the phone what version does it report?

It reports version 3.0 on mine.

Hey jseah. Could you do me a favor and generate a checksum for your PDAnet.apk

Just grab the app Hash Droid on the market. It will only take 2 seconds and would be a, major help. Thanks in advance.

Or... even better if you could just link a copy.

/data/app
Copy to sdcard
Long press
Dropbox
Link.

{{ WugFresh }}

Sorry, but I can't find this file (PDAnet.apk) on my phone. Tried using Astro as well as Hash Droid.

DroidStang

Reaction score
that download from their website work perfect I downloaded it for the windows xp nn installed right on the computer and then right on to the thunderbolts and it removed the icons and replaced with new & worked perfect did have to reboot or anything

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

iNfAMOUS702

Reaction score
To be able to download all apps from the
Market (including tether apps) put your phone in airplane mode and then turn on wifi...u should now be able to see all the apps that Verizon blocked in the marketplace

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Natey2

Reaction score
Market (including tether apps) put your phone in airplane mode and then turn on wifi...u should now be able to see all the apps that Verizon blocked in the marketplace

Tried that, and PdaNet is still missing.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app

jimmiem

Reaction score

Tried that, and PdaNet is still missing.

That trick worked for me. Of course, you're on a Thunderbolt forum so maybe there is something different about the X that makes it not work.

georgek

Reaction score

It worked for me. Thanks

Natey2

Reaction score
That trick worked for me. Of course, you're on a Thunderbolt forum so maybe there is something different about the X that makes it not work.

Interesting. I'm running Market v2.3.6 on my stock DroidX.

I might need to get the TB version you are running... :)

WugFresh

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
It reports version 3.0 on mine.

Hey jseah. Could you do me a favor and generate a checksum for your PDAnet.apk

Just grab the app Hash Droid on the market. It will only take 2 seconds and would be a, major help. Thanks in advance.

Or... even better if you could just link a copy.

/data/app
Copy to sdcard
Long press
Dropbox
Link.

{{ WugFresh }}

Sorry, but I can't find this file (PDAnet.apk) on my phone. Tried using Astro as well as Hash Droid.

Really? You don't see something like;

com.pdanet-1.apk
in; /data/app

Are you sure you are looking in the right directory? It has to be there.... all user apps are installed to that location. And if you look using a good file explorer like root explorer, then you should even be able to see the same icon that you see in your app drawer. Whatever, its not that important, I will just install it through the desktop program and then check it out myself if I really care. Either way, regardless, thanks for trying.

{{ WugFresh }}

Last edited:

DroidStang

Reaction score
just go out to the june fabric website what's out there just download that 30 client and then follow the directions plugin it'll install on your droid

Natey2

Reaction score
just go out to the june fabric website what's out there just download that 30 client and then follow the directions plugin it'll install on your droid

http://www.junefabrics.com/android/ says:

"New! Version 3.0 improves performance and fixes multiple connection issues. Now allows you to hide Tether usage."

Anyone know what they mean by "hide Tether usage"? And this improves performance over v2.45?

DroidStang

Reaction score
Apparently where Verizon might have been able to see more than normal usage for a smart phone, cause I'm sure they look at a user using 10 gigs of data a month and say wait, every month, the guy must not work, what could they download to a phone that much a month without running out of memory, so guess they don't see that excess use now , just a guess, excess data must been visible before even though was not considered tethering

Jacob9424

Reaction score
Apparently where Verizon might have been able to see more than normal usage for a smart phone, cause I'm sure they look at a user using 10 gigs of data a month and say wait, every month, the guy must not work, what could they download to a phone that much a month without running out of memory, so guess they don't see that excess use now , just a guess, excess data must been visible before even though was not considered tethering

I use 15gb a month lol. I don't tether or anything like that I just use dropbox a lot. Plus 4g is fast so you would expect a lot of people to use it a lot more than 3g. So I'm pretty sure verizon is expecting 10gb to 20gb a person per month.

Sent from my HTC Thunderbolt

DroidStang

Reaction score
15 geez......I have free tether on my blackberry, was working remotely everyday and doing tech support and did not even hit 5 gnawing, so thinking I won't even think about it then, tell, prove it LOL