PDANet and Xbox 360

tiesto

Reaction score
So I got a Droid 2 Global for Christmas. I just have a few questions because I am a complete newbie with it. When Im using PDANet, does that data usage show up on my bill? I have unlimited but im worried that Verizon will find out that im using alot of data while tethering.

Also, my friend says he can hook up his Droid to his PS3 and play online, is it possible to do that with an XBOX 360?

Thanks for any help.

Gibbsinator

Reaction score
It does use phone data, but you should incur extra charge. Idk if pdanet and xbox work, but a wireless tether a.d the new xbox will work. So there is a good hands. The wireless tether needs root though.

Gritwater

Reaction score
dang, that last post was painful to read.

You *shouldn't be charged, not should be.

tethering, beit to your computer, or your xbox, will NOT get you a charge from Verizon. Unlimited data means unlimited data at this current point in time.

I can't get my wii to hook up to my wireless tether though.

Droid4Life86

Reaction score
I have ran my ps3 with the wireless tether app but there was so much lag i just had to quit.

Reaction score
I have ran my ps3 with the wireless tether app but there was so much lag i just had to quit.

Lol. I just did a speed test and i got 1mbps download speed and 500kbps upload. When I go to the options on black ops, it says the bandwidth is usually somewhere between 500-1200kbps, common sense would make you think that all you need is 1200kbps to run the game smoothly but this isn't the case for some reason.

mewshi

Reaction score
it's not the speed that's the issue with online gaming, it's the lag. Just sayin', myo.

born2golf

Reaction score

Lol. I just did a speed test and i got 1mbps download speed and 500kbps upload. When I go to the options on black ops, it says the bandwidth is usually somewhere between 500-1200kbps, common sense would make you think that all you need is 1200kbps to run the game smoothly but this isn't the case for some reason.

Huh? Are you comparing 1Mbps to the required 1200Kbps for online play? If so you should be aware that 1Mbps = 1000Kbps so your 1Mbps does not meet the requirements.

beyond that, raw throughput is only a portion of the equation for effective online gaming. You also need to consider latency, and I doubt that the the latency will be low enough through any of these wireless tethering apps in conjunction with the 3G network. The network is not designed for that type of low latency traffic and is just not consistent enough.

mehimatt

Reaction score
Here's a youtube video of how to do it I'm pretty sure it works I know its hard for people to join you or your partys here's the link

[video=youtube;AsJ-BqEsLEQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsJ-BqEsLEQ[/video]

elvyrorie

Reaction score
I'm going to have to try this in my hotel room when the hotels internet sucks.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App