PDAnet on DX (MAC)

jeremyjjbrown

Reaction score
I had this issue and just solved it. I had installed EasyTether a while ago and it places a kernel extension here:
Code:
/System/Library/Extensions/EasyTetherUSBEthernet.kext

You can disable that extension by doing this (in the Terminal):
Code:
cd /System/Library/Extensions/
kextunload EasyTetherUSBEthernet.kext

You can also remove it permanently so you don't have to unload it every time.

Just unloading it should work.

If it's not EasyTether for you, check for other extensions that might be blocking the USB port for your phone. You can run kextstat to get a list of all of the loaded extensions. You can try unloading any suspicious ones and narrow down until PdaNet works.

This worked perfectly thanks!

ThomasW

Reaction score
chaimpeck,

Thanks a bunch, or "tackar och bugar" as we say in Sweden ! I have PDANet installed on my MacBook Air, PDANet worked ok until I tried EasyTether once. After some extensive googling I found this forum and your post. You just saved me the 15 USD for the registration of PDANet.

Thomas

Last edited:

theburren

Reaction score
Help please~
I just bought my wife her Christmas present at the Verizon store (DROID RAZR) and the guy told me about PDANET.
I installed the PDANET desktop for mac from JuneFabrics.. its the version they have on their site so I'm assuming the latest build-->5/17/2011--
I enabled USB on the razr.. and on the macbook pro--
They are paired and connected.
I have the PDANET icon in the menu bar on the macbook.. but when I clicked "Install to phone" it gave me the error "interface not found"
So I installed PDANEt to the razr directly from Marketplace.
When I click on the pdanet icon and say connect it tell me "phone not attached"
I am connected via bluetooth though between the macbook and the razr..
What am I missing?
We're supposed to leave to visit her parents for Christmas tomorrow but she needs internet to finish work on the 12 hour drive..
Please, if anyone is monitoring this thread.. any assistance would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

FreyGrimrod

Reaction score
Well I'm too late for the 12 hour drive but.... Did you start PDAnet on the phone and then click "enable usb tether" prior to attempting to connect on the mac book?

theburren

Reaction score
Well I'm too late for the 12 hour drive but.... Did you start PDAnet on the phone and then click "enable usb tether" prior to attempting to connect on the mac book?
I did-- thanks for the reply--
I was connecting it wrong though--
For some reason I thought it was supposed to connect over bluetooth--
once I actually connected the RAZR via USB.. I was able to take advantage of tethering via USB.. (go figure:)

12 hours with full streaming internet was great. Nice app!

xowktiger

Reaction score
I had this issue and just solved it. I had installed EasyTether a while ago and it places a kernel extension here:
Code:

Code:

If it's not EasyTether for you, check for other extensions that might be blocking the USB port for your phone. You can run kextstat to get a list of all of the loaded extensions. You can try unloading any suspicious ones and narrow down until PdaNet works.

I tried your suggestion, but when I type that into terminal, it just tells me that I need to be in root for me to unload. Do you have any idea how I can go about this?
I have a macbook, droid 1, and installed and uninstalled easytether.

Thank you

mogley369

Reaction score
I am having the same issue ^^^^^^

Originally Posted by chaimpeck
Code:
Code:

I tried your suggestion, but when I type that into terminal, it just tells me that I need to be in root for me to unload. Do you have any idea how I can go about this?

Thank you

I am having the exact same issue on my Mac....any ideas? Thanks a lot. Easythether sucks compared to PDANET, so I just want it back!

mogley369

Reaction score
Holly $hit!!! I finally got PDANET to work again!

Originally Posted by chaimpeck
Code:
Code:

Thank you

I am having the exact same issue on my Mac....any ideas? Thanks a lot. Easythether sucks compared to PDANET, so I just want it back!

Finally!!! Thanks a bunch for the help. You don't actually have to run as "root" to type in the code. Just type in "sudo tcsh" into the terminal, and then type in your password. You wont be able to see your password, but it will be there. Just type in the invisible password and hit enter. The terminal will then allow you to enter the code provided above. After your done type in exit. And that's it! Worked the first try for me. Thanks again, and F easytether in the A.

JLMoriart

Reaction score
I know this thread is a little old but I wanted to share what I learned.

I'm running PDANet for MAC 2.42 on OSX 10.6.6 and I'm seeing the same message:

Unable to open interface (e00002c5)

The problem was that I had Eclipse and the AndroidSDK installed, which installed adb and DDMS, which detects attached devices with debugging enabled and allows you to deploy and debug applications.

Long story short, PDANet can't attach to this device because the debugger was already holding onto it. I quit Eclipse and shut down the debugger and it was able to connect.

I have been receiving a "phone not attached" message when clicking "connect" in the PdaNet tray icon drop down box, though I've had the phone connected via USB in debugging mode and have it set to connect as "mass storage". (I've also tried the other modes just in case.) I also have downloaded the AndroidSDK and think this may be the issue. I haven't had Eclipse open so that shouldn't be an issue, but what do you mean when you say you "shut down the debugger"? How would I try this?

Somewhat relevant may be that when I connect my phone (G'zOne Commando) when NOT in debugging mode, the phone shows up as an unnamed device in Finder and I can navigate through it's files, but after USB Debugging is activated, it disappears. Is this this debugger "holding onto it"?

I'm running Android 2.3.3 and OSX 10.8.4; I PdaNet version 4.12 on my computer.

Thanks for any help!